Chapter 19

Emma's POV

"Emma, you got a boyfriend and you haven't told me yet?" My dad says raising his eyebrow while looking at Brendon.

"I- no Brendon isn't my boyfriend dad, he is just a friend." I say, trying not to look at Brendon."Oh, so that's why you guys slept together, eh?" He says smirking.

Wait, smirking?

"No we didn't, we slept on the same bed but didn't do anything besides actual sleeping," I say opening the fridge.

"ya, sure. Did you use protection though I don't want grandchildren yet." Dad says chuckling.

"Dad! No, we didn't- ew no" I say shaking my head furiously. Brendon and my dad just laughed. What the heck?

I feel my phone ring I look at the screen to see Becky calling. "Becky is calling I'll be down in a bit," I say walking up the stairs leaving my dad and Brendon alone together.

"Hey Becky what's-" I tried to say.

"oh my god girl, you are telling me everything that happened between you and Brendon last night did you guys like, um you know?" She says cutting me off.

"Oh my god, what's wrong with you people first my dad now you, no we didn't do anything like that jeez," I say rolling my eyes.

"Oh, ugh boring! But alright, I'm sorry I'm going to come over at 6 okay?" She says," yeah alright, I got to go bye," I say hanging up the phone before she starts blabbing about some other shit.

I walk back downstairs to find my dad and Brendon talking and laughing. Wow, they get along well. I didn't actually think they would honestly.

I grab the cereal box, put some in a bowl and poured in some milk and grabbed a spoon and started eating.

My dad and Brendon were talking something about football games and teams and stuff. I haven't seen my dad talk like that and having fun since like..years ago.

At least he likes Brendon right?

I already know Brendon doesn't like me more than as a friend so I guess I should just stay at friend zone since I don't want to ruin our friendship.

After what seemed like forever, I cough awkwardly, causing them to both looks at me. Brendon gives me his most attractive smile, that makes my stomach erupt with butterflies and clearly, my dad recognized my reaction because he nudged Brendon playfully.

Since when was my dad so, um let me find the right word for this, cocky. It was like the first time I find him with this type of attitude.

Who changed my dad with a guy with cocky attitude, that um somehow looks exactly like my dad.

Okay, that didn't make any sense at all. I stand up taking my bowl to the sink and put it there. "Get dressed Emma, we are going out," Brendon says."Um, okay" I say shrugging.

I close my bedroom door behind me and went to my closet, I take out a long-sleeved grey shirt and jeans and a black cardigan and got dressed. Then I french braided my hair, and put on some mascara and lip gloss and put on my ankle boots and walked downstairs.

My dad was now reading the newspaper, sitting at the kitchen island with Brendon next to him on his phone. Brendon looks up to see me standing in front of him and he gets up and grabs his leather jacket from the chair "let's go" he says walking towards the door.

"Have fun guys!" My dad calls from the kitchen as I closed the front door after getting out.

We get into Brendon's car,"Where are we going?" I ask." It's a surprise." He says simply. Ugh, I hate surprises.

Brendon turns on the radio and the song "Rockabye" by Clean Bandit ft. Anne Marie was playing. We open the windows feeling the fresh cool autumn air rush past our skin.

I tap my fingers on my lap while bobbing my head to the beats. After about 30 minutes of driving while singing at the top of our lungs, we arrived at the top of a mountain.

We get off the car and looked around, I look at the sign in front of a big wooden modern cabin, it was written "zip-line area" and an arrow pointing to the right.

"We are going to ride the-the zip-line?! From here to the other mountain?!" I say motioning the mountain across the mountain we were on.

Brendon nods grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the direction the sign was pointing at.

When we got to the zip line place, I give Brendon a worried look, I'm kind of scared of height.

"Its okay, I'll be right behind you, it will be fun, do you trust me?" He whispers into my ear, I just gulped and nodded, feeling my ears and cheeks heat up.

We walk towards the um... whatever the zip-line guy is called and he helped me put on the zip-line gear, I put my legs into the leg holes then the guy buckled the rope around my waist tightly.

Brendon puts a helmet on my head and I grab hold of the rope that was connected to a trolley and the trolley was connected to the high wire.

"You have got this okay?" Brendon says while putting on his own gears. "okay, I can do this." I say, my grip tightening on the rope I was holding.

I try not to look at how far the distance was from this mountain to the other, it was pretty far.

"Whenever your ready, I'll give you a push," The guy said as I took a deep breath, Brendon is right behind me, remember that.

"Ok, I'm ready," I said, quickly regretting it.

I close my eyes, scared to see what I'm going to see. I slowly open one eye, to my surprise, it wasn't scary at all, it was amazing. Even though it was far, it was beautiful, the colors of red-orange and yellow and brown were looked like they were blended since there were so many trees.

The wind was blowing past my skin and I felt like I was flying. I've never felt better. Oh my god, this is amazing. I turn around to see Brendon on another wire next to mine.

I smile screaming" This is amazing!"He smiles back "I told you this was going to be fun" he screams back.

We arrived at the end way too soon. I wanted to go again. We get the gears off and start walking towards the place where we parked the car, but surprisingly, we didn't stop at Brendon's car and we kept walking towards the zip-lines again.

I look at Brendon" We are going again?" I ask smiling like crazy." Yup, we are" he says giving me a smile of his own.

_____________________________

Hey guys!Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Vote and Comment!

-Sarah