Chapter 18

Emma's POV

"Emma!? Emma wake up," someone says as I slowly wake up. I open my eyes to see Brendon looking extremely worried and I could feel myself sweating and tears on my cheek.

"W-what happened?" I ask. Then I remembered, shit I feel asleep and had a nightmare..about my mom. "You fell asleep, and a while ago, you started sweating and crying and mumbling words, that I couldn't really make out, I got worried so I woke you up." He says, drying my tears with his thumb.

"What happened in your dream?" He says pulling me closer to him.

"M-my um..mom, well she..-"I get cut off by Brendon saying" No its fine, you don't have to tell me if you're not comfortable with it." I look into his eyes.

"No, I want to tell you,"I say.

He doesn't give a shit.

Lol, you are dumb if you think he'll be different from the others, you trust people too easily.

"13 years ago, when I was 5, my mom she..died. The thing is, she didn't just die from an accident, s-she uh..committed s-suicide." I said, sighing.

"One day, before I left to school, my mom said that she loved me and she would watch over me forever, and started crying. I was too young to understand what she had meant and said that she was silly and that I was just going to school and would come back. She gave me one last tight hug and a kiss on my forehead and I left for school." I continue.

"When I came back home, I didn't find my mom, I ran to her room and found my dad crying on the bed, and also found a note on the ground. He told me that my mom went on a vacation and wouldn't return in a while. After a few years, I kept asking my dad where my mom is, and every time I did, he would go deeper into depression. I couldn't stand seeing him upset so I stopped asking, hoping my mom would come back from her 'vacation', but she never did. One day when I was 10, my dad decided to tell me that she died when I asked him again. He had told me, that she was sick and she died, I was so hurt, I could barely remember her voice, I wish I had hugged her longer. I missed her so much, I would get nightmares of flashback of the day I last saw her. Day after day, I would wake up during the night crying and sweating, my dad got too worried that he started sending me to a therapist." I said, wiping away a stray tear with my sleeve.

"I soon started reading books because it reminded me of my mom, she loved books, she would always have them where ever she went. It also became a distraction from thinking and distraction from the real world. My mom left me 2 things behind. This blanket that she knit herself and this necklace." I say, pulling a necklace out from under my shirt, it was a black rope with a blue crystal in the middle.

"My mom loved the color blue. So anyway, after about 2 years, I found it odd that my mom said those things on the day I was leaving for school. As if she knew she was going to die. I asked my dad a few times until he finally told me the truth that she committed suicide. I got pretty mad at my dad that he hasn't told me the truth, and he would say he was trying to protect me, that day I got so pissed I started running towards the beach, and I just got so mad that my mom left us like that. I started to walk around to find the lighthouse. I went to the lighthouse and I felt near my mom for some reason. I knew she jumped out of the lighthouse and died, but still, it felt like home, and I felt close to my mom. It's really weird I know. So I would always go there and then one day decided to clean up the place and stuff. After my dad had told me the truth, we grew further apart, we didn't have proper conversations, he started to get busy going to work so he could help me go to a good college and it wasn't only him that I grew further apart from, I started enjoying my own company, I didn't want to hang out with anyone, until Mackenzie came along." I licked my dry lips.

"She hung out with me but I never told her anything about my mom, we hung out until somewhere in middle school, when we had a small stupid argument and then she started hating me, then one day Becky came along and stopped Mackenzie from bullying me and we became best friends ever since.." I say, laying my head down on Brendon's chest.

The entire time while I was talking, he was rubbing my arm, comforting me. It felt good talking to someone about this besides Becky and Eric.

"I'm sorry that you had to go through so much pain. Well, just know that I'm here for you, and I'll never go." He says holding me tighter. "Don't make promises you can't keep" I mumbled.

He will leave you.

Of course, he will. Even your own mom left you, she even promised that she won't, but she did.

What makes you think he is any different?

We just sat there in a comfortable silence until I asked: "What time is it?" Brendon looks at the screen of his iPhone and says "10 pm, oh, by the way, Becky came by, but then I told her you were asleep so she left."

"Thanks for staying and waking me up quickly," I say, forcing a small smile.

"Anytime," he says"So you wanna watch another movie?" He asks.

"Ya sure, I'll go get some popcorn" I say getting up and walking to the kitchen.

_____________________________

I wake up finding myself in bed, with strong warm arms wrapped around my waist.

Wait what?

Arms?.....

I look to my side and found Brendon asleep next to me. Wait what happened last night?

Oh yeah, we finished watching the second movie then I think I fell asleep, and then Brendon obviously carried me here and then slept with me.

Okay, just realized how wrong that sounded but anyway...

Brendon smelled like peppermint gum and cologne. I don't get how he doesn't have morning breath, like how does he smell amazing.

I try to move carefully out of his arms to brush my teeth because I definitely have morning breath, but his arms were locked around my waist that I couldn't get up.

He wakes up and gives me one of those breath stopping smiles."I need the bathroom, Brendon" I say trying to get off my bed. His grip only tightens, "but I don't want to let you go" he says.

Ugh, I'm going to the bathroom, not to another country."I really need to pee" I say finally pulling away from his grip and walked towards the bathroom.

I wash my face and brushed my teeth and tied my hair into a ponytail, then walked out of the bathroom.

We go downstairs to eat breakfast and found my dad staring at me and Brendon. I forgot he didn't have work today.

Sh*t.

He is going to kill me, even though we didn't do anything...

_____________________________

Hey guys! I decided to write the final chapter before going to school tomorrow because, who knows, maybe I might be busy with homework that I won't be able to write tomorrow.

So this chapter reveals Emma's past about her mom to Brendon, and Brendon is about to get introduced to Emma's dad who might probably murder Brendon, but who knows maybe he won't. Btw, Eric isn't a typing mistake, he is another guy you will find out in the future!

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

Vote and Comment!

-Sarah