Chapter 28

Brendon's POV

I didn't go to school today, I couldn't see Emma. I didn't want to fall for her, she is amazing and all but I would have to change and I hate change.

Everyone said that ever since I met Emma, I changed I became soft and caring, and I'm definitely not the type of guy that would stick to one girl, I can't for some reason. I don't like making commitments.

So I'm trying to avoid her as much as possible, it's not only a benefit for me, but for her too, she will be better off without me. I'm probably only going to be a distraction from her studies and stuff and I don't want to break her heart.

Even though I hate to admit it, I feel like I'm falling for Emma and I don't like it at all. I need to get distracted.

Later at about 7 pm, someone came into my room, I turn around and it was Mackenzie. The fuck is she doing here?

"Hi, what are you doing here?" I ask."I didn't find you at school today, I just wanted to know if you're okay," Mackenzie says in her 'innocent' voice. "Yeah I'm fine you can go no-" I say, stopping before I can tell her to get out.

This is just what I needed. A distraction. "Brendon, you sure you're okay?" Mackenzie suddenly says, closing the bedroom door and coming closer to me."No actually," I say, even though I'm completely fine.

"Oh, what happened? Can I do anything to help you?" Mackenzie asks, coming even closer, now standing in front of me. Not saying anything, I smacked my lips against hers.

After about 3 minutes later, I heard a knock on my door, but I ignored it, there was another knock, but I didn't care. But then I hear the door open, I looked up to find Emma. Her face turned red and her eyes looked like they were going to burst into tears.

"Emma! Wa-" before I could continue, Emma ran down the stairs and out of my house. I just stood there shocked. I felt a hand go on my cheek and moving my head towards Mackenzie.

With her other hand, she ran her fingers through my hair."Baby, leave her alone, and enjoy time with me," She says kissing me again.

I was trying to forget what just happened but I can't. I gently push Mackenzie away. " I'm busy, you can go," I said, running my hands through my hair. "But-" she says, trying to grab hold of my hand, I turn to walk to the door," I'm fine now, you can go home," I say sharply.

Mackenzie sighs and walks out of my room. I shut the door behind and collapsed on my bed. This was a bad idea, I don't even know what came over me.

I get up and grabbed my jacket and ran out of my room.

Emma's POV

I ran out of Brendon's house and ran towards the bus, even though I felt like running as fast as I can, I couldn't. I didn't have the energy to, I was pretty tired.

I ran to the bus and took a seat in the back. The bus started to move, as I look out the window and wiped my tears away.

What am I doing? Why am I even upset? It's not like he was my boyfriend or something. He can kiss whoever he wants, but what the heck, he was going to kiss me the other day, then ignores me afterward and now what? He is kissing another girl, and the worst part, the girl was Mackenzie.

Fucking Mackenzie.

He knows how much she absolutely hates me and how much I hate her for ruining my life, and oh great, he knows about my mom. I never told anyone about it besides Becky and Eric. Hell, I couldn't even tell Ella. Which is okay now since she made it clear that she hated me and Becky.

I met Brendon, then a week later I told him a big secret of mine. That's my problem, I trust people too easily, why can't I just know who to trust and who not to easily without getting my heart broken?

A tear rolls down my cheek again, then I felt a hand wipe it off. I turn around to find Levi sitting next to me. This can't get any worse." Hey, I didn't see you there," I say, sighing.

"What happened to you?" He asks, his voice was soft, just like how Brendon tricked me with his player voice to lead me on and then throwing me away, no way in falling for this again.

"Nothing, why would you care anyway," I snap, turning my face towards the window, watching raindrops fall onto the window of the bus."I care about people, do you seriously think that I'm like some player jerk who messes with girls' feelings and then dump them after and that I'm completely careless?" He says, his voice hinting a sound of hurt.

Yes.

"No, that's not what I meant, even though yes you are a player, I heard so many gossip stuff going around the school how you break girls' hearts and stuff," I say, refusing to turn and look at him.

"Those aren't true," He simply denied.

Huh? Did I hear something wrong? Does he think I'm stupid and that I'll believe his pathetic lie?

"I'm not stupid you know, you slept with almost every single girl at school, then dumped them afterward," I say, finally looking at Levi." I only slept with 2 girls before and if you don't want to believe me, fine, don't." He says, looking down at his feet.

"I'm sorry, I'm just it's just, I trusted someone and I was wrong, I thought they were different and I'm scared to trust anyone else right now," I say, I hated seeing people upset, despite the fact that I'm almost always upset.

"Okay it's fine, well you don't need to tell me anything that happened, I just wanted to know if you're okay and if I could help or something," He says, giving me a smile.

I answer with a smile.

Just then the driver said the next destination. The one after was the place I needed to get off. "Hey, so when are we starting with the project?" I ask, remembering that he was my partner. "Hmm, I don't know we could meet up tomorrow for lunch or something and then discuss stuff and I'll pay for your food," He suggests.

Free food? Who can say no to that? Plus it's not a date or something, we are going to discuss homework.

"Yeah sure, free food sounds great." I say, causing him to chuckle."ok so give me your phone." He says holding his hand out." Why?" I ask.

"So I can give you my number obviously." He says in a duh tone." oh ok, yeah," I say getting my phone out of my pocket, I unlocked the password and gave it to him.

He typed in his phone number and gave me back my phone. "Thanks," I say, as the bus stopped all of a sudden. The driver announced which bus station we were at. "Shit, I got to go this is my stop," I say as Levi nods and gets out of his seat so I can get out.

"Bye, I'll see you tomorrow princess," He says giving me a big smile. I don't have time to argue about him calling me princess so I wave and hopped out of the bus.

_____________________________

Hey guys! I hope you liked this chapter!

Vote and Comment!

-Sarah