Chapter 58

Emma's POV

"Jesse, I didn't lie to you" I said, getting off the ground, glaring.

"Why was your lip bleeding then?" He asked, glaring back. "I already told you! Because I bit my lip too hard" I said, crossing my arms.

"Its easy to say the truth Emma" he said, taking a step closer to me. "I am telling you the truth!" I said.

Next thing I know, Jesse's hand made contact with my cheek, leaving a burning sensation, that stung and it felt as if my cheek was throbbing.

"Just remember, you are mine and only mine." He said, picking up his jacket, walking past me, making sure to hit my shoulder with his on the way.

I sat down on the ground, with my back against the teacher's desk.

Why me? Why do I have to go through all of this?

I grabbed my bag from the ground and got up, quickly leaving the class and headed towards the exit of the school quickly.

I walked out and ran out of the gate before anyone saw me, which I didn't really have to worry about.

Walking on the sidewalk, I decided to go to the public library.

Just as I was about to enter the library, I saw Starbucks on the other side of the road. I stopped for a moment to decide whether I wanted to get a drink from there or not.

I shrugged and walked off the side walk and onto the street. 

I could remember when I was younger, I would always remember what my mom would say "Before you cross the road, look to your left and right, alright? I don't want you to get hurt". I used to sometimes even 'hear' her voice in my head telling me to do so when I cross the road.

But of course that thought faded away long ago, now it doesn't matter. I don't care if a car kills me. In fact, that would be great. I wouldn't feel guilty because I didn't have to kill myself. Staring at the ground, I walked rather slowly to the other side.

I was slightly disappointed when I reached the other side safely. I sighed and walked towards the glass door, and pushed it open, as the tiny bell above the door rang. I walked up to the cashier as she looked up and smiled, showing her perfect rows of white, pearly teeth.

"Hi, what can I get you" She said. "Um, a vanilla bean creme frappuccino venti" I said, as she nodded, grabbing a venti-sized cup, and a sharpie. "and your name?" She asked, looking up at me for a second. "Emma" I told her. She scribbled down my name on the cup. 

She had blonde hair and baby blue at the ends of her hair, her skin was perfect, and it looked like she had no makeup on, besides mascara and eyeliner. Her green eyes were big and sparkly, and she had a few freckles on her cheeks. 

She put the cup down, and looked at the computer. "That'll be $4.45" She said, looking at me with a smile. I reached into my jeans pocket, knowing I had a five dollars in there. I struggled to pull out the five dollars as I looked up at her for a second, as I noticed her staring at my outfit with a confused face. I didn't blame her though, I mean, it is after all almost summer, and pretty warm outside. 

I finally took the money out of my pocket and gave it to her, as she took the money, I stared at her perfect, acrylic nails and slim fingers. I walked away from the cashier and sat down next to the window, staring outside as I waited for my drink.

I pulled out my phone, and sighed. I wanted to talk to Becky, I wanted her to know the truth. But... I knew I couldn't do so. Without thinking, I texted Jason, not sure if he was asleep or not.