Chapter 45

(A/N: This chapter is pretty important. There is a part of self harm though, but its only like 4-5 sentences, anyway if that might disturb you in any way, I'll warn you when you get to the part.)

Emma's POV

I wake up with a terrible headache, I shot out of bed and ran to my bathroom and threw up in the toilet.

What happened?

I shake my head and dragged myself back to bed, on the way, I stubbed my toe on something.

I let out a small scream and grabbed my toe, and looked down.

My black box.

My old cigarettes were out and wha-

I remember now...I got drunk, I opened the box and started smoking..

Then who called?

I went to my bed side table and picked up my phone, I went to my logs and looked at the call yesterday- wait what time is it?

3:48 am.

Hm, besides the missed calls from Eric, Brendon called, which means he was the one that called me, then um came over and then I fell asleep.

I looked over at my black box, and picked it up, along with my lighter and ciggerette box.

I stared at the items in my box, something was missing..

My eyes widened as I realized what they were.

My razor blades were missing, Brendon must have seen it and threw it away.

I don't cut anymore, I just keep it as a memory, I don't even know why honestly. I just shrugged and threw my box under my bed again.

Oh god, I just realized I had skipped a whole day of school, and the first day of school.

Never in my entire life did I think I was going to skip a whole day of school. Let alone the first day of school.

I looked at my bed side table again, and found asprin and a cup of water. I swallowed the pill then drank some water.

I plopped back down on my bed and decided to sleep and go to school tomorrow.

-------

Morning:

"Good mornin dad" I say, entering the kitchen.My dad looks up from his news paper and glares at me. "I got a call from school, you skipped yesterday, why?" He said with a super serious tone.

Sh*t, I forgot.

"Uh..-" I was cut off by a car honking outside. My dad sighed, " Go, and don't skip ever again, I'm letting you off the hook only this time since, I have to admit, I skipped once in a while when I was your age too" My dad said, chuckling afterwards.

I forced a smile and walked out of the house. I saw Eric in his car, I ran over and slid into the passengers' seat.

"Hey, I heard from Brendon what happened yesterday.. why Emma, you promised not to smoke again.." He said, he looked really hurt.

I looked down at my hands, "I'm sorry." I say, it was all I could say, I didn't have an excuse, if I said it helped me calm down, to left all the stress out, he will say that it isn't an acceptable excuse, and if I say I was drunk, then I'm lying.

" I just- you know what smoking can do to you, it can kill you Emma, please for me, just try not to get addicted again." Eric pleaded. I bit my bottom lip.

I finally nodded and he pecked my lips, then started the car.

We got out of the car and headed towards our lockers, hand in hand.