Chapter 33

Emma's POV

I finally opened my eyes and looked at a pair of Jordans that were in front of me.

I slowly look up at the person wearing the Jordans, found myself staring up at Jesse.

He looked extremely mad, I wanted to jump up and run away, but I couldn't. Even if I tried, he and his friends would run after me and catch me before I can even get to the door.

"I- I thought you c-changed.." I finally said. Jesse let out a dry laugh, making me shut my eyes in fear.

"I did change, nerd. But so did you," he said pacing a little. I stared at the ground trying to understand what he was saying.

"What do you m-mean?" I whispered, Jesse stopped walking around me. "Your friends with those two jerks? I thought you were a loner, who didn't like attention, now you became an attention seeking bitch?" He yelled.

Why did he care? Did he think I'll become more popular than him? I didn't even care or even want to be popular... "Please leave me alone," was all I could whisper, my hands were shaking, my heart was beating faster and faster, I felt like I was about to pass out.

Jesse's friends grabbed my arms again and picked me off the ground, so my feet weren't touching the ground. They carried me to the wall and slammed my back against it, and kept my arms stuck to the wall behind me.

Jesse walked towards me and gave me a creepy glare.

Gosh, if looks could kill.

I looked away, swallowing a lump in my throat. Suddenly, I felt someone punch me in the stomach. I groaned in pain, I tried to get out of the guys' grips but I couldn't.

I received another two punches, much harder than the first time, I groaned again, tears sliding down my cheeks."You didn't change and you never will," I said, breathing heavily.

I looked directly at Jesse. He licked his lips then slapped me on my left cheek. My face hung low, my whole body was shaking and aching.

Just then, his friends let go of me, and I fell straight onto the ground. They let out a dry laugh, then walked to the door and went inside the school. I stayed still on the ground, I couldn't move, I don't know how long I stayed there, but soon I got up and stumbled to the door and pushed it open, still holding my stomach with one arm.

I went directly to the bathroom and took a look in the mirror. Tears were still flowing down my cheeks, my face was dusty from the ground.

I had a purple bruise on my left cheek that thankfully didn't show too much. The edge of my lips had a bit of dry blood on it, from when I fell on the ground.

I tied my hair again and washed my face and applied some chapstick on my dry lips.

I went into a cubicle and lifted my shirt up and found purple, blue and green-ish bruises on my belly. I touched a bruised part and winced in pain. The color didn't look like it was going to go soon.

I heard the bell ring as I pulled my shirt back down and unlocked the cubicle and headed towards my locker. Many students were in the hallways, collecting their books from their lockers and stuff.

I shut my locker and turned around and saw Brendon coming towards my direction, with a worried look on his face. I didn't want him to know about what happened. Then, before he got to me, Mackenzie popped out of now where, blocking Brendon's way, I sighed in relief and took my chance and hurried to my next class, trying to walk normally.

School soon ended, and I hurried out of the school to catch a bus, not wanting to see Becky, Brendon or Levi. I got on a bus and took a seat. I couldn't wait to go home and put an ice pack or something on my bruises because the pain just kept getting worse.