5. Starting new

Ruth’s POV

It’s been 4 days and I’m pretty sure that I’m not getting either one of the cameras which Harry promised me. I made up my mind. I walked all the way to the town to find a job but none gave me one. And my cash is flying away without even caring about my situation. So I woke up at 4 o’ clock in the morning and got dressed up. Put my old sweater to get away from the cold. Though it was summer the weather was bit cold. Got my back pack and stepped out from the little room. It’s still dark but it doesn’t matter to me. I’m desperate about finding a job. This is my only chance or my dead body will be near a road, rotting away like an animal.

It’s around seven when I arrived in the beautiful town. Yes, she’s pretty. Smiling and welcoming all the people who are entering into the town. She even smiled at me and whispered to my ear “Darling, it’s your day; you will be rewarded with something worthy. So be happy.”

And as she said, it was a good day for me because I finally found a job in a restaurant. I love the smell of that food. Especially pizza. They needed a girl who can speak English because most of their customers are tourists. The salary isn’t that bad. I can finally buy something to wear. I have been starving since the day I landed in this country because if I had spent for food, I won’t be even standing here.

The management was kind to me and offered me to stay in their house for the staff which is close by. So that means no travel charges. They even provide food for the staff.

“Oh…. Good food…. Thank you Paris. You really made my day.”

I called my mom and explained about my job and said it’s temporary (reality –it’s not) and she’s still happy for me. That’s what I really wanted her to be.

“You must be Ruthy. Bonjour darling…I, Romo the head chef. That my wife Juliana. She’s a waitress. Welcome to my kitchen…”

That’s how I made friends. There are about 10-20 people working and I’m the youngest. So they treat. me as their child, which made me so happy. Romo and Juli prepared a room for me which was way more comfortable than the motel and it felt home.

I forgot all the worries and my past.

I’m starting a new chapter of my life here.    

I'm in love with this story... plz comment if you do too..