13. The Incident

Harry woke up with a twisted mind. It’s the day he’s going to meet Ruth again. And the worst thing is that it’s going to be their last stay at Paris. He walked into the kitchen to pour some coffee because he thought it might help him to stay strong. Others are still fast asleep and he was glade of it because he wanted to stay alone for some time. He poured the remaining coffee into his cup and walked slowly to the living room and sat on the brown fluffy couch.

Thousands of things are coiling in his mind. It’s the only chance to convey his genuine feelings for her. But what if she refuses it? This time he knew he’s really in love. He had an affair with a modal for about a year but eventually he found out that she used him to be popular and build up her own platform. Of course she succeeded. But in the other hand Harry, who loved her purely broke into pieces. He doesn’t want to remember any of those unhappy memories. But this time he cannot refuse Ruth. He felt the need of her caring. It was never the lust but love.

Three more hours till the moment. But it passed like a gush of wind. All the boys are ready to meet this mystery girl of Harry’s. Although Niall met her before, he’s still excited to talk to her like others. The clock strike ten in the morning and Niall and Zayn starts to yell.

“Aren’t we going...? I’m hungry as hell. If you guys aren’t coming I’m going alone and have my breakfast.” Niall went to the lobby and grabbed his coat but came back to the living room and jumped onto the couch.

“Harry… Come here right now… You can’t stand near the mirror all day long.” It was Zayn who’s angry because still Harry hasn’t come out from his room.

“Errrr… Zayn.. Stop gibbering… I didn’t stand there like you do.” Harry was annoyed by Zayn’s yell but he made the statement sound like a joke. So everyone looked at Zayn and nodded.

Zayn snapped his hand toward the guys and followed Louis who got the car keys and stepped toward the door.

Louis and Harry got into front seats while others jumped into the back seats with a big rush. They were pulling each other to sit near the window. They still act like 5 year old kids.

Finally, Louis pulled the car into the parking lot and they all get off from it while putting their hoods so the fans won’t notice them. Niall ones again checked the name board to see whether he got the wrong one but no. He was glade for once he was able to give the accurate directions to the guys.

Liam went first and the doorbell rang like in all typical restaurants. Its bit crowded but they were lucky to find a table near the window which faced to the back road. Harry, Zayn and Liam sat in one side while Niall and Louis sat opposite. Niall saw Harry’s in a little tension and was looking around to find that face. But Ruth isn't there.

“Sir, Good morning, how can I help you?”

A nice girl around 24 came to take their orders and suddenly found who they are. But Liam was able to make her stop shouting by shaking her hand. She was really happy and said she’s the biggest One Direction fan. They all smiled at her but Niall cleared his throat to say he’s really hungry. She came back to earth and flew away to bring the food they have ordered.

Few minutes went by when a girl came near them asking a fill out. Harry was scrolling his phone checking the tweets, but with the voice he panicked and looked above to see the girl.      

“Hey Mr. Horan. So …you really came.” Niall was overwhelmed to see Ruth standing near their table with a coffee mug in her hand.

Harry starts to blush and Zayn caught that but didn’t say anything. Except for Niall, all the other guys gawked at Harry as to say “introduce us to her, man”

“Hey Ruth. How are you? I want to meet my friends. Zayn, Louis, Liam and of course you already met Niall.”

Ruth nodded her head as to greet them all with a big smile. Harry’s heart flushed away with that smile. He always loved her smile. That’s what makes him fall in love with her.

“I know you guys because I’m a big fan of yours. But sorry I know all the people use to say that but…” She’s still smiling. That’s when Louis got his entrance to the talk. “But Miss. I guess we are the biggest fans of yours.”

Harry kicked Louis because he felt embarrassed.

“But… How’s that possible? I don’t remember me been in the X factor or any kind of a band. Did I?” she said pretending to think. All the guys burst in to a laugh that the crowd starts to turn their eyes for them.

The food arrived and Ruth poured the coffee and said “Enjoy your breakfast. I’ll be back after another round” and she went to another table and Harry saw Ruth greeting the customers with her perfect smile.

“Ohhhh….. See who’s in love…” Liam laughed while closing his mouth and others followed him. Harry looked at each one of them and starts eating his meal thinking how he wished it to be true.

“Nialler, who’s that guy over there with Ruth?” Zayn questioned while chewing his bacon. Niall peeked and recognized that person.

“That’s Ruth’s boyfriend” Harry said and all the guys stopped chewing their food and looked at him with awe.

“We don’t know that for sure, Harry. Don’t get upset.” Niall went on. He doesn’t want his friend to get hurt like that. And yes it’s true. She hasn’t mentioned it. So they still have hope.

Ruth was behind the counter filling the coffee jug when Zayn saw that. Max went passing Ruth when he saw her wristlet. He grabbed her hand and played with the wristlet which makes Ruth smile more widely. Harry stopped eating and stares at them. His heart washed away with tears. He always wanted her to be his. His only. But seen her with another guy made him want to cry but he became tougher at least for now. He wanted to show that he can bare things like this.

Ruth continued her work and Max went into the kitchen. The guys had their meal with silent. The previous girl came to collect the plates and asked whether they want any desserts. She said there’s a special one filled with cream and Niall, obviously wanted to try one. Harry, though he wants to get out from this place had to join for Niall’s dessert. Ruth walked pass them but smiled. Harry observed her every move till she goes into the kitchen with an empty mug which Max gave her on the way and she was holding too many plates with her.

Harry turned to stare at the road. That’s when they heard that sound. It’s not just a sound. A bang. Someone screamed too. A female voice.

The whole place became silent and only the creaking sound of the fans disturbs the moment. They all stare at the kitchen to see what’s happening inside it. Thats when a young girl came out side and announced “Sorry for the disturbance. A minor accident in the kitchen. Please accept our apology.” And she smiled. But all the guys knew that there’s something wrong because her smile is weak.

“What was that?” Liam wanted to become the investigator again. “I want to go and see.”

“Stop being so childish Liam. It’s none of your business” and Louis asked him to sit back.

“Ruth’s boyfriend is coming this way. Is he going to drag us out?”

“Not US, mate. Harry.” Zayn said cheekily as Liam commented about Max. Harry saw that Max is rushing towards them with a serious face. He was determined to stay put and talk to him.

“Armmm… Sorry to interrupt guys. But I need a small help. By any chance, do you have a vehicle parked here?”

“Yap. Why do you ask? Want to move or something!?” Louis got the keys so he answered Max.

“No. We need a vehicle to take someone to the hospital ASAP. And as I met some of you guys on the other day I thought you could help me.”

“Who’s injured?” Harry asked quickly because he was curious and more than that he wants to know whether Ruth is okay.

And that’s when Max’s face frown.

“It’s…… It’s…. Ruth” 

((((( keeps getting better))))))