11. Back together

(Ruth’s POV)

It’s my leave today. So I thought of going for a walk. I don’t own a camera anymore so I start saving money to buy at least a small one for now. I visited several shops to ask the prices and yeah… I think I can buy one within four months.

Juli was supposed to come with me but then she had to stay home and make some arrangements for Romo. As I told before, they became my parents. Romo, though I cannot replace him for my father, became such a caring person and treated me as his own daughter. I’m lucky to have them both in my life. Other than them, I found my best friend from this great city. But I prefer not to tell him he’s my best friend because that tag doesn’t go along with me. His name is Maxi Milano. But I call him Max. He’s two, three years older than me but acts like a child. He always helps me in the kitchen and outside as well. He’s also living in the same house. So whenever we get free time we do something fun. My boring life has turned into a wonderland.         

From my first salary I bought some cool dresses and a pair of shoes. I found this bargain shop so all the stuff is really cheap. But the dress I’m wearing today was kinda expensive. Juli wanted me to buy it and she paid half the amount while I paid the other half. For once I felt pretty wearing it though I’m not. Max always tells me think positive. He thinks I’m pretty. That’s who he is. Wanting all the people to be happy though it’s a lie.

So I got up around 10 in the morning and had a quick shower, put on this beautiful dress. I found these comfortable shoes from the bargain shop and it matches with the dress perfectly. I put my stuff in a handbag and went to the kitchen to have my breakfast.

“Ruthy…. You…. Look…..” Max was staring at me while hanging his mouth open.

“Shut your mouth you, cooler..” while giggling I came and put my hand under his chin and pushed it up to close his mouth.

“Good morning sweet heart… you look pretty today” that was Juli smiling at me with a pan on her hand.

“Sorry dear I cannot come today…” Juli walked closer to me and said.

“But why? You promised me Juli” I said making a sad face so she might change her idea of staying at home.

She shook her head as to say no.

So after my breakfast I kissed her good bye and walked to the door.

“Hey lovely, wait for me.” That was Max.

“But…but…”

“No buts my young lady…. I can’t let you go alone like this… what if someone kidnaps you?!?!  I can’t let that happen.” He went on..

“Okay. Okay… Shall we then?” He smiled at me and opened the door for me as a true gentleman.

We talked about such stupid things and bought ice creams one after the other. It was fun hanging with Max. He rilly doesn’t care what others say.

It was around three in the afternoon and we almost walked for miles. That’s when I noticed the familiar place I always wanted to visit.      

“Max… I want to see something… If you don’t mind..” I walked back to Max as he was talking with a man who sells fancy things and said.

“Well I have something to talk with this guy. Why don’t you go and have a look till I come. I’ll join you in a minute babe.”

He gave me a small kiss on my cheek and turned back to continue with his argument with that sales man.

Max is really friendly and romantic and though I’m not his girlfriend he tends to give me hugs and kisses and its kina normal in Paris. So I didn’t mind the hugs and kisses because I felt safe to be with someone. It doesn’t need to be romantic love to feel caring about the opposite sex.