14. Not one but Two at ones

Hey guys, this chap is long but very exciting. All the emotions are here.... I'm sooo happy with my imaginations... and I'm in love with this story..... thanks for the support...... 

(Harry’s POV)

“RUTH!”

That’s the only word that came out from my mouth. I stood up grab the keys from Louis and followed Max. My mind is not functioning properly but my heart is beating fast. Max went inside the kitchen and held the door for me to enter. The kitchen floor is a mess. It’s covered with some curries and shattered glasses all over the place. I saw the empty jug which Ruth supposed to fill. But no one is there except the narrow kitchen ahead. Max signaled me to follow him so I carefully stepped through the mess and halted near a sliding door. Max asked me to come in but I couldn’t move my legs because what I saw in front of me. She was sitting on a table holding her left hand. Her tears are falling down and I can see she’s in pain.

“Baby…” I walked to her as she looked back at me. Her eyes have turned into red because of the pain. Max grabbed another wet towel to keep on her hand. Her delicate hand was burnt and can see the baby skin coved with blood.

“Max… I’ll bring the car to the back door. Help her stand.”

I touched her face and wiped off her tears. “Don’t cry, love. I’m here now. I’ll take you to the doc. Stay strong, baby.” I kissed her soft cheek and stepped outside to bring back the vehicle.

Another old waitress and Max helped her to get into the back seat and another old man was standing with a worried look. He asked Max to accompany her to the hospital. I couldn’t say no because they are her family now.

Max climbed into the front seat and gave me the directions to the hospital. I pushed the paddle so hard and revved the car. I saw the guys watching us from the inside.

The roads were clear but there’s this one spot which no one can pass without jamming up. I had to slow down but really worried because I can’t let her in pain for so long. That’s when I heard Ruth say “Moma”

Both I and Max turned to look at her and saw her become stiff and crying hard by closing the eyes. Max opened the door in the middle of the road and quickly stepped into the back seat. He wrapped his arms around her so tightly and whispered something to her ear. I felt so abandoned. This is the moment where a girl needs the true love and caring. And here is Max offering his whole damn heart to her. I cannot compete with that.    

I don’t know how I managed to get her so quickly to the hospital. I raced through the traffic but every then and there I looked at her through my front mirror. At the time we came to the hospital her wound starts to bleed more and that made her so afraid. But Max was able to take her to the emergency room and I parked the car and stayed inside it. I had no strength to see her in pain but yet again she has Max.

“Mate, How’s she?” that was Niall calling me.

“I… I…don’t know.” I said with a cracked voice.

“What do you mean you don’t know? Where are you?” Niall was confused. I told him that I was in the parking lot.

“They need you buddy. At least SHE needs you. Go and see. Don’t be so ludicrous.” And cut the call.

So I manage to get out from the Rover and walked slowly to the emergency room. Max was nowhere to be seen but I saw Ruth inside the room sitting on a bed. She’s still looking at her wound. I peeked through the door to see whether Max is inside. And still the answer is no. So I took a seat near the room.

After a few minutes, a nurse came out from the room and looked at me with a questioning mood. I got up and she came to me with a bandage in her hand.