31. The boy who cares

(Niall’s POV)

That was a hell of a party. Ruth and Gemma had done a wonderful job. Harry’s a lucky guy to have such a lovely girlfriend and a sis. After the party I had a long sleep which was awww………. Can’t even describe it. Heheheh…

It’s almost past noon. Liam and I are in our hotel room watching tele. Sophia and Ellie went for shopping. Lou went to drop them by. We didn’t get to speak to Harry before we leave the party yesterday because he was gone missing after the song we sang. Maybe he had Ruth with him cuz we couldn’t find her either.

‘Man, go back to that channel!’ I screamed but Liam acted as he didn’t hear me.

‘C’mon Liam. Pleaseeee!’

‘Ohhhhhh…’ Liam grunted but switched to the previous channel.

‘KATY my love…’ The song “Roar” is playing. I love that song and the girl who’s singing it. Liam and I were both lying on the big couch in front of the flat screen TV. Liam was just changing channels. We were drowing with bordem.

‘Did Hazza call you Niall?’ I’m still listening to the song and ya… of course I’m singing but I shake my head to say no.

‘Must call him. We should hang out.’ And Liam took his phone and tried to sit properly on the couch. While hanging on to the phone he bent forward to check the latest sport mag.

‘Jesus! What is this?!?!?’ I jumped from the couch. Liam almost dropped his phone.

‘What’s wrong with you Niall? Stop screaming for god sake.’ But I didn’t pay any attention to him, just increased the volume of the TV. The song ended and then begun a Hollywood gossip program. There’s Ruth on the big screen. Where’s she going?

‘Is Harry with her?’ Liam asked but then I guess he found the answer when the female presenter starts to tell the news.

Today we found a celebrity girlfriend at the Hithrow airport with some friends. Our reporters caught Ruth Stones, One direction heart throb Harry Styles current girlfriend leaving LAX in the early morning with her friend. But then later that night she was spotted carrying her two cameras and what’s that? Oh... she and her crew wearing National Geography official reporters badge. We know this celebrity girlfriend works at NG and it seems that she has already done with her vacation period with Harry Styles and leaving town WITHOUT him. Last week she landed to LA with her British boyfriend and now she’s leaving without him?! Too sad to see the love birds getting separated. But we found something else too. Apparently she’s not in a good mood. Ruth’s a girl with a lovely smile but here she is all gloomy and depressed. Are they having a lovers’ quarrel? Is that why Harry styles not here to say goodbye? Well… it’s too early to tell but never too early to guess a breakup call!  Let’s move on to…’

I was shocked. I looked at Liam where I found him staring at the screen as I was and his phone on the couch.

‘Did Harry answer the call?’ Finally I asked.

‘It’s switched off.’ I looked at the screen again and pressed the mute button.

‘She didn’t mention anything about leaving the country so early.’ I fell back to the couch and Liam sat on the table in front of it.

I tried to call Ruth because I’m not gonna believe any of this gossips till I know what exactly happened.

‘Maybe it’s true Niall. They have their badges and all. It can’t be a lie.’ Liam said. And yeah agree with him. People don’t wear their official stuff if it’s not really needed.

Ruth’s phone is also switched off.

‘But I don’t believe in this fight and all.’ Liam’s trying to solve the mystery. But even I saw that Ruth’s not in her mood. She’s never a moody person. Yesterday she was all happy and excited. But after few hours later she’s totally the opposite.

‘Hi Gemma! Niall’s here. Just want to know where’s Curly?.’ Gemma never loses her phone like Harry. Maybe he lost his phone yesterday… as usual. When he was in parties he always misplaces his phone.

I couldn’t talk for a while. Gemma told me everything. I just disconnected the call and stared at my phone screen. I have put a picture of four of us as my wallpaper and I can’t take my eyes away from Harry’s mischievous smile. It was a photo taken back at Paris airport. I took it after he said about his lovely girlfriend to the boys. Imagine his happiness. I’m wondering how Harry’s dealing with this.

 ‘So she left.’ I whispered but it’s loud enough for Liam to hear.

‘She left? Who? Ruth?’ Liam was so confused right now. He got up from the table and slide onto the couch.

‘It’s true. They had a fight. And Harry’s too late now.’ I told Liam what has happened between Hazz and Ruth. Half way through the story Liam got up and walked to the window and stared down at the busy city. Harry’s our brother and Ruth is now family too. If there’s something going on in the family we all are worried.

‘But how come the media knows all this?’ Liam questioned after a long silence.

‘Because they are media.’ I have no other explanation to give. They know our lives better than us.

‘It’s all just a mere misunderstanding. Both of them should have acted wisely.’ And Liam went to his room. I still can’t believe what happened. I know how hard Harry tried to find Ruth and how awful he was few months back. I don’t want to see him going through the same agony again. Ruth has to attend to her work. But she should have at least mentioned this to me. We became best friends and she used to tell most of her things to me and mine to her.

Few minutes later I got a replied for a text I send to Luke asking for Zoe’s phone number. I saw her on the TV trying to hold Ruth’s shattered mentality together. Talking to her is the only way to find about Ruth. So I sent her a text. They might be on the flight now.

‘Hi Zoe, How’s Ruth doing? I just want to check. Her phone isn’t working. Luky gave ya number. Let me know when you landed. Thx. Niall x)’

I want her to be okey. I want both of them to be okey. Gemma said Harry’s feeling guilty for his actions. I know they love each other and they can’t be separated forever. I’m gonna fix this somehow. That’s what real friends do. And I’m gonna act like one from now on.

((Hey guys... sorry for taking too long to update.... I uploaded my assessment today so got some free time to write another chapter. Sorry its too short. But I'm trying my best. Thanks for hanging with me. I won't be here if your not with me.... Thanks for the support.... luff you all.... please vote and comment I love to see ya comment... And I'll try to reply to all of them.))