24. The Arrival

((Hi guys. How are you doing? so yesterday my lovely boy band ONE DIRECTION released their new single 'you & I' and I'm head over heels with that video. I tried my best to help break the record. ahhh.....

enjoy.... I'll meet you on the other side..... ))

'Salt!'Harry was preparing lunch for Anne and Gemma. Ruth was helping him.

They had a fun time at the beach last night but Ruth got up early to make the house more presentable. She was nervous to meet Harry's family but she knew that Harry's there to back her up. Around 10.30 Harry walked into the kitchen while rubbing his eyes and poured some juice into a glass.

Harry on his side, was also nervous to welcome his family. But he's an adult now so no one can interfere with his life. He saw Ruth sitting on the couch staring at the endless sea and he knew what she's contemplating with right now. So he got back to the kitchen and start cooking and called Ruth for help. He doesn't need any help but he wanted to distract her.

'Does Anne know we are – engaged?' while handing over the salt bottle she asked.

'No. I thought of announcing it today.' Harry didn't look back.

'Oh... okey.'

'Don't worry. Nothing will go wrong. I promise.' This time he placed the pan on the cooker and turned around to see Ruth. She simirked weakly because of her doubtful thoughts. Harry smiled at her and nodded to reasure.

(Ruth's POV)

Harry asked me to get changed till he finishes the stuff at kitchen. The whole house is filled with the aroma of his delicious food. I had a quick bath and came back thinking what to wear. So I went through my dresses hanged in the wardrobe and found a simple but elegant lace dress not too short. It's light blue. After I blow dried my hair, I went back to the living room to find Harry. He's not in the kitchen and I saw he has cleaned it spotlessly. I walked to the balcony which is widely open to the sea. I never get tired of watching the horizon from here. When I seated on the couch earlier I felt like sitting on the beach itself. I still don't know how Harry read my mind about the beach house. May be this is what true love is. Getting to know about each other's feelings and the bond between them. 

'What a lovely sight?' He came from the back and hugged me.

'It's wonderful, isn't it?' I said when he kissed the top of my head.

'Always and forever, baby doll.' He turned me to his side and now I'm looking to his lovely green eyes.

'I'm never gonna take my eyes away from you.' He kissed my forehead.

I chuckled. 'I'm talking about the sea, you stupid. What are you talking about?' Of course I know the answer but I want to hear it from him.

'Oh rilly? This stupid boy is talking about his lovely fiancée.' I saw his dimples coming back and I hugged him tightly. I love the word fiancée.

'Miss. Stones, I have to get change or do you prefer me to stay like this?' He's shirtless at the moment only wearing his short white pants.

'OMG go get dressed. I don't want your mother to think that I'm a bad influence.' I slapped on his arm to make him laugh more and he ran like a child to the room.

I was reading a novel when I heard a car stopped by the front door. I walked slowly to the door with all my feelings and cursing Harry for not getting ready. It's being half an hour but he's still in the room.

The front door is transparent so obviously I can see who's standing there. With a pounding heart I opened the door.

'Hi. I'm Ruth. Please come in.' I introduced myself and hold the door for them to come in. Gemma and Anne both smiled at me and that's a relief. Gemma is taller than me and they were both perfect like in the photos I've seen on magazines. Both Gemma's and Harry's smiles are the same. They sat down and looked at the sea.