28. The letter

((Hey guys... It's being a long time... sorry... but I had a very tight schedual and only today I got back my free time back... but it's not too long either. Anyway I was able to write it on my notebook when I had small breaks where I work and this time it's short but plz forgive me....

But this chapter is very very important... why? you have to stay with the story till end to get the answer... Theres a love letter and I know I'm a pathetic old romantic.... Love letters are way too old but I think it's soo cute and lovely... A boy never write atleast one letter to his girl is not a true lover... that's my view ... I dont know wether I'm I wrong but yeah.... I can go on arguing about this but it's not the time... Enjoy the chapter... and I will be updating the next one soon...  ))

(Ruth’s POV)

Next morning Zoe came to pick me up. Harry didn’t return home yesterday night. I know he’s upset and I was wrong too. I should have told him before everything happened. Hoping I can gain his trust back I thought of writing a letter for him, explaining everything.

That night was restless. No sleep came to me. I waited for him to return to bed but my hopes slowly faded with the time. The moon’s reflection was on the sea and it was glittering happily. But my moon isn’t here to bring light to my world. No. Not tonight.

I found a notepad and walked to the writing desk which is next to the bed. I switched on the table lamp and hunted for a pen. Finding a pen even made me annoying at this moment. But the silence in this room calmed me down. The pain is all over my body. Though it’s not physical, mentally it’s hard to tolerate. 5 months from tomorrow I have to spend a challenging time among the people whom are having a very complicated life style with no proper food, clean water, or a job. I have to dig into their sinful lives and capture their moments. But the pain I’m through right now, I hope they don’t have the same. Luxury, we can live without it. But love, is like our every single breath. Here I am trying to persuade my inabilities, my faults and all the excuses and sorrys to my one and only guardian.

To my beloved,

I’m sorry and I will go on begging for your forgiveness. Hurting your feeling was never my intension. But all these events happened within a nick of time. Flying to America, engagement, meeting your parents… all these happened so suddenly but I’m not blaming you for any of them because I enjoyed and loved every single part of it. I was planning to tell you about my India trip but then… anyway, I’m sorry. You did a lot for me and I was so ashamed of what I did to you.

I don’t have a choice but to leave you for five months. I have signed a contract with the NG and they can sue me if I skip the work. And the other reason is that I’m not leaving you for a vacation Harry. I’m going to live in the slums. I have to spend a very difficult time there researching and reporting their lives. I made my mind for this journey because I love my job and I want to help those people with all my heart. I hope you can understand my situation.

No matter what I do, I still want to be yours and yours only. I promise I’ll make it up for you Harry. I know your tour starts next month. But I will do everything and anything to be right next to you. This relationship made me feel safe and you protected me since the day we met. I’m not worthy for a guy like you Harry. You deserve an angle.

Please be patience with me Hazz. And I’ll promise you that I’ll come back for you and grow old together as we always planned. Be safe my love and all the best for the tour.

**I might not be with you forever, but my love to you is immortal**

With love to you,

Ruth

My tears blotted the letters which described my heart. I ended the letter with my father’s words for my mom. Their love will never die and so as mine. While folding the letter I thought how he will react for this. The questions begin to fill my head. He’s not heartless to end our relationship, and I’m sure of that. We both can’t live without each other. Not anymore. But with doubts and lies we cannot take it any further as well. Only thing that left with me is ‘hope.’ It’s the only thing that keeps me alive.

((Vote/ comment/share))