Chapter 1

This is my new story. Tell me what you think. Anything you don't like or do like? Give me your input so I can make it better. Thanks!! :)

'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*

Chapter 1

Hate

Hayden's P.O.V*

I took a left on Parkland Ave. I hate this neighborhood. It's full of hoods and drug dealers. Drake, my ex-boyfriend and the father of my child, lives in this neighborhood. He's emancipated so he has his own apartment. He's a drop out and he was in jail for a year for drug dealing. He's been out of jail for two months. And as far as I know he's been clean of drugs for a year since he was in jail.

I parked in front of Drake's apartment and got Brandon, our 1-year-old son, out of the car. I grabbed his baby bag and went to buzz Drake's apartment. I found the name Burton and pressed the button beside it. Drake's voice rang from the box.

"What?" He asked, sounding irritated and tired.

"It's Hayden and Brandon." I answered.

There was a buzz and I headed up. I opened the door since he never locks it. It looked exactly the way it did last weekend. Clothes were strewn over the couch and on the floor. Empty soda bottles and cans were on the floor. Chinese food take-out boxes were cluttered on the coffee table and TV. Who knows if anything is in them. I hate that Brandon has to come here every weekend. It's a dump. Too bad it's what the court ordered. The good side is I get 300 dollars a week as child support.

Drake came from his bedroom. His hair was messy and he was only wearing jeans, no shirt. I saw the familiar tattoo of my name going up his right side. He got that when we loved each other and hadn't broken up.

"Are you ever going to clean this place?" I asked.

"I will when I have time." He ran his hand through his hair. "Give him to me."

I handed Brandon over to him and the baby bag. I heard shuffling coming from his room.

"Who is it babe?" A girl's voice rang. A girl with very long brown hair and green eyes came from his room Drake's t-shirt. She looked at me and gave a small smile. "Hi." She said with a small wave.

I sighed. "Stay out of trouble for the sake of our son. I'll be back tomorrow around noon to pick him up."

I left and drove home. He knew I was dropping Brandon off today. Why would he bring a girl over? He may be an ass, but he usually does what's best for our son. I don't think having some girl over is in his best interest.

I parked in my driveway then went inside. The house was empty telling me my mom was gone. I decided to clean some. It's summer so I don't have homework. I picked up Brandon's toys and put them away. After, I cleaned the kitchen.

I heard my cell phone ringing in the other room and ran to get it. I looked at who was calling and saw it was my best friend Kristie.

"Hey Kristie, what's up?" I answered.

"Joey and I wanted to invite you to the beach. We know Brandon is with Drake so we thought we'd give you something to do."

"I don't know..." Joey is Kristie's boyfriend. Whenever they're around each other, they're sucking face. It's uncomfortable, especially since I don't have a boyfriend of my own.

"We promise not to make out in front of you. Come on, you need some fun. And you're missing out on all of the sun."

"Fine. I'll meet you there in 20 minutes."