Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Scared

Hayden's P.O.V*

I picked up Drake from the hospital. I wish he would've just told Fiona that he's in the hospital. She could've picked him up.

"Ow! Watch my leg." Drake growled.

"I'm sorry. I'm not the best at pushing wheelchairs."

We finally made it to my car and I helped Drake into the passenger seat. Once he was in, I took the chair back inside and gave it to a nurse. I went to my car and got in the drivers seat.

'Ready to go?" I asked Drake.

"Where are you taking me? The doctor said I can't be home alone for the next week."

"I'm taking you to my house. You can stay in the guest bedroom."

It's going to be weird having Drake in the house. But I know Brandon will be happy. I know Drake won't be much help, but at least Brandon will get so smile everyday.

I got to my house and helped Drake out of the car and into the house. Kristie bounced Brandon on her knee.

"You're back." She said. "And the villain is with you." She frowned at Drake.

"I'm not a villain you brainless teenager."

"I'm not a teenager! I'm a young adult and I'm not brainless!"

"Would you two stop it?" I said. It's the same thing every time. "Kristie, thanks for watching Brandon."

"You're welcome. Oh, and Ashton stopped by. He said he'll call you later."

Kristie left and I led Drake to the couch. He sat down and called Brandon over to him.

"Alright, what do you want for dinner?" I asked him.

"Doesn't matter. Can I use your phone?"
"For what?"

"I want to call Fiona. She's probably pissed right now because I haven't called."

"Yeah, here." I gave him my cell from my pocket.

Drake's P.O.V*

Hayden went into the kitchen to make dinner and I sat Brandon beside me. I took a deep breath before dialing Fiona. The phone rang and rang.

"Hello?" She picked up.

"Fiona, it's me Drake."

"Drake? Where have you been? I've been calling you everyday. I even stopped by your apartment."

"I'm sorry. I've been in some trouble."

"What kind of trouble? Are you okay?"

"I'm okay... at the moment. But I won't be at my apartment for the next week. This is Hayden's cell. If you want to reach me just call her, okay?"

"Why are you using Hayden's cell?"

"Because I can't go to my apartment just yet. And I suggest you stay away from their too."

"Why? What aren't you telling me? I'm your girlfriend. You should be able to tell me these things."

"I'll explain everything to you later. I promise."

"Fine. I'll talk to you later."

"Bye."

I'm so glad that she doesn't pry into my business. I'd rather her not know about Duke and him not know about her. If she goes to my apartment, Duke will probably be there. He know that I'm out today and he expects me to meet him in the usual meeting place. When I don't show up, he'll be looking for me at my place.