Chapter 30

Chapter 30

Choices

Hayden's P.O.V*

I woke up next to Drake. His arm was tightly around me and my back pressed against his chest. I automatically sat up. I've just made a huge mistake. I've never cheated before. I've always been faithful. Last night I just couldn't help my attraction towards Drake.

I know I'm going to regret this. If Ashton or Fiona finds out, they'll hate us forever. I couldn't bear Ashton hating me again. The first time was hard enough, the second time would probably be worst.

"Hayden, what's wrong?" Drake asked me, breaking my thoughts. I looked at him and he had a concerned look on his face.

"We shouldn't have done what we did." I said. "I love Ashton, but I love you too. I just don't know who I should be with. I'm confused."
I got up and shivered a little when the cool air went straight through my underwear. I left Drake's room and went to my own. I closed my door and locked it, not wanting Drake to come in.

I sat on my bed and put my head in my hands. We can't let Ashton or Fiona find out about this. Fiona seems so in love with Drake, that it would be awful if she got upset with him.

"Hayden, let me in." Drake said from the other side of my door.

"Go away!" I replied.

"Hayden, don't regret what we did. Last night was amazing and you know it. We connected well and only two people in love can do that. Don't pull away from this, from me."

"What about Ashton and Fiona?"

"They'll understand. They know about our past. I love you Hayden."
I didn't say anything back. What we're doing is wrong. There are people who love us and I don't like hurting them.

I heard Brandon whining through the baby monitor. I know Drake would take care of him so I didn't move.

"Let's talk later." Drake said. I then heard his retreating footsteps.

I need someone to talk to and I wish more than ever that Darren was still here. I could've talked to Darren and he'd give me advice. I miss him so much.

I grabbed my cell from my nightstand and dialed Veronica. I feel she's the only one I can talk to right now.

"Hi Hayden. It's been forever since I've heard from you. How are you?" She answered.

"I'm loosing my mind. I need to talk to you. Can we meet up somewhere?"

"Sure. Can you come to my house?"

"Yeah. I'll be there in 30."

I showered and dressed, trying to avoid Drake. I then left to go to Veronica's. Hopefully she'll know what I should do.

I got to Veronica's house and parked in the driveway. I rushed up to the door and rang the doorbell. A short moment passed and then the door swung open revealing Veronica.

"You look stressed. What's going on?"

She let me in and we went to sit on the couch in the living room. I took a deep breath before talking.

"Last night I did something and now I don't know what to do."

"Well it must've been really bad if it has you this stressed."

"I slept with Drake." I blurted. "I don't know what I was thinking last night. He was just so sweet to me yesterday. I couldn't help myself."
"Well what does Drake think? Is he pulling away?"
"No. He thinks we should be together."
"That's great! He's stepping up. So what's the problem?"