Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Lies

Hayden's P.O.V*

I dropped my cell phone. It hit the ground with a clatter. He's my father? I'm meeting my father for the first time? Is this some kind of sick joke? I've never met my father so I have no idea what he looks like. My mom said that as soon as I was born, he just walked out. If this is my father, I don't think I want to talk to him. Who can walk out on their daughter?

"May I come in?" He asked.

"Sure." I picked up my phone and hung up, not caring if Drake was still waiting for me to answer. "You have a brother?"

"No. If you're who you say, this is your grandson."

"You had a baby." He stated. "I wish I could've seen you when you were that small."

"Why did you leave?"

He sat on the couch and patted beside him so I would sit. I slowly walked over and sat beside him on the couch.

"I didn't leave." He began. "I didn't know your mother was pregnant until the day she went into labor. She let me hold you once after you were born. Then you were taken and she told me to get out and never come back. I was a teenager then so I thought it was a good thing that she didn't want me around. I never wanted to be a teen father."

"So you just abandoned me?"

"Yeah. And I'm sorry for it. Your mother wanted you to have her last name. That way you wouldn't try to look me up."

So this is both of their faults, not just his. She didn't want him involved in my life and he simply agreed. Was there some reason she didn't want him to be involved?

"Didn't she have to see you anyway? Did you go to the same high school?"

"No. I went to school on the east and she went on the west. Two completely different schools."

"What made you look us up all of a sudden? Did guilt take this long to set in for you?"

"I'm married now and we're thinking about having kids. Then I remembered that I had you."

"Nice to know I didn't come to mind until 17 years later. If neither of you wanted me, then why didn't you just give me up for adoption or abort me?"

"What do you mean neither of us?

"Oh, your old girlfriend goes by "Cherry" now and is a stripper at Nina's Tease and Entertainment."

"Your mother, a stripper? Actually... I can see that. She was always a wild one."

So my mom has always acted like this? I'd think she's mature and quit that stupid job.

"Did you pay child support?"

"No. Your mother wanted to act like I never existed."

"The more things I hear from you, it seems like I'm living that life right now. I have baby daddy drama just like she had. Except this one is involved and actually pays child support."

"Good for him. At least he's not making a mistake like I did. I just want to know if you can forgive me. I want to be involved in your life and I want you to be in mine. I feel terrible for what I did, but now that's in the past and there's no going back. I just want your forgiveness and to be close to you."

"You'll have to work for my forgiveness. Show me you're willing for this to work. Show me you love me and want to be in my life."

"I promise."