Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Party

Hayden's P.O.V*

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I groaned as I got up to turn it off. Back to school it is. I showered and dressed in dark jeans and blue t-shirt. I went to get up Brandon. I found him sitting in his crib. I'm surprised he wasn't crying.

I had breakfast and fed Brandon. Then I took him to daycare. A few minutes later I was at school again. Nothing had changed. People still stared at me as I walked down the hall. I got to my locker and saw Ashton waiting for me. He smiled at me as I approached.

"Hey." I greeted, giving him a light kiss.

"So, do you want to go to a party with me tonight?"

"Who's? On a Monday?"

"A friend of mine loves throw a party every Monday. I don't know why."

"A sure. It's been a while since I've been to a party."

"I'll pick you up at 6:00."

The bell rang and Ashton walked me to class. I arrived to class and gave Ashton a good-bye kiss. I went to my seat and sat down. I really don't want to be in this class. I don't even want to be in school.

Drake's P.O.V*

I got in to work and checked in. I hate this job so much, but as long as it pays. I stood behind the cash register and waited for someone to come up to buy. It's morning and people are in work so we don't get many customers at this time.

"Hi Drake." Fiona's voice rang behind me. I sighed and turned to see her smiling at me.

"What is it now?" I asked, not showing that I'm annoyed by her.

"Well... uh... I was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime." She looked down at the ground.

"I'm seeing someone." I lied.

"Oh, alright then. I guess I'll talk to you later."
She walked away with flushed cheeks and an embarrassed look on her face. Why does she keep trying? Can't she take a hint?

"Excuse me!" I turned to see a woman standing at the register waiting for me to take her order.

"Sorry ma'am." I apologized, using the manners we have to. I turned to the register and began taking her order.

Hayden's P.O.V*

Lunch finally came and I was relived to have a break from classes. I got my lunch then went to sit with my friends.

"Hey, I haven't seen you since you've been out." Kristie said.

"I know. Why didn't you come see me?"
"I figured I'd see you in school. And here we are."

I've actually missed my friends. I've seen Ashton, but I didn't get to see Kristie or Joey.

"Do you two want to come to a party tonight?" I asked Joey and Kristie. "Ashton's friend is throwing it."

"Yeah, Joey told me." Kristie said. "We're definitely going."
"Great, you can come to my house to get ready and the guys will pick us up at 6:00."
"Sounds like a plan to me." Kristie said.

I like when the two of us get together to get ready for something. We help each other on what to wear. That way we don't look like complete idiots.

"If it isn't the slut." I turned to see Marcie and her friends. "I'd think you'd be dead since you tried to commit suicide last week."

"It wasn't suicide. It was a car accident. You should get your facts straight so you don't look like a complete idiot."
"The only idiot here is you. I mean, only you're stupid enough to get pregnant at 16. Haven't you ever heard of a condom?"