Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Snitch

Hayden's P.O.V*

I walked back over to Drake's room. Brandon was on the floor wandering around. I called him over and picked him up.

"What happened?" Drake asked me.

"Darren's dead."

Drake stared at me for a moment then looked away at the ceiling. He took a deep breath.

"He had it worst than I do. Was he in pain?"

"A little. He was shot in his liver so he bled out. But he was ready. He knew it was going to happen."

"I wish I could've said goodbye."

"I do to. I had just talked to him a few minutes before. But I didn't get to say goodbye."

There was a knock and I looked to see the doctor that came in earlier. He gave us a smile.

"Hi." He greeted. "I didn't know you had woken. How are you feeling?"

"I've been better." Drake answered.

"I bet you have. Let's check you and make sure you're okay."

"I'm going to go." I told Drake. "I'll see you later."

"Bye."

I took Brandon and left. I'm really happy that Drake woke up but I'm also sad that Darren died today. I don't want to show too much happiness because I lost a friend today. It's like having mixed emotions.

I got home and saw Carson's car in the driveway. I got out and walked up to his car. He sat in the drivers seat reading the paper. I knocked on the window and he looked up at me. He smiled as he lowered the window.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I just thought I'd come visit."

"Don't you have a job?"

"Yes, but I'm off today."

"Come on in."

He followed me into the house. I put Brandon down and he walked over to his toys.

"Why is your mother never here?"

"Because she's always at work or sleeping with someone."

"Right. So she's never here?"

"Only if she's hungry or brings someone home. She hasn't been here for over a week."

"And you still don't want to come live with me?"

"No because I don't need you. I'm better off living on my own. At least I'm prepared for when I move out. I'm fine here."

"Alright. If you're sure. I'm here to tell you that Cindy may be pregnant. She's showing signs and she has an appointment next week."

'Oh. That's... good. Congratulations."

"You'll be there if she needs someone to talk to right? This is our first and you already having a son..."

"Yeah, of course. It would be my brother or sisters she's carrying."

"Alright, good. I'll let her know."

Carson left and I plopped down on the couch. I'm exhausted and I haven't done much today. I laid on my side and rest my head on the pillow. I put my feet up and I became even more tired. I closed my eyes and instantly fell asleep.

I woke up to the sound of the doorbell. I forced myself up and went to the door. I opened it and saw Ashton. He gave me a smile.

"Hi." He said. "Sorry for just stopping by."