Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Wrong

Hayden's P.O.V*

I regained myself and finally left the school. I drove to pick up Brandon. Hopefully I won't have to pay extra for the extra time. If I do, the day can only get worse.

I got to Ms. Hadley's house and knocked on the doorbell. I waited a moment and the door swung open. Ms. Hedley gave me a smile and let me in. The house was a mess like usual and children were playing with toys in the floor. I even saw Brandon walking around with a toy car in his hand.

"Brandon!" I called. He looked at me and immediately came over. I picked him up and gave him a tight hug. He's all I have in this world. He's the only guy that'll love me unconditionally.

I paid for Brandon and left. Luckily I didn't have to pay extra. I buckled Brandon in got in the drivers side.

"How about we go visit daddy and see if he's better today." I say to Brandon. Hopefully Drake is sober.

I pulled in front of Drake's apartment complex and get Brandon out of the back. I go and buzz his apartment.

"Yes?" His voice rings.

"It's Hayden and Brandon." There's a buzz and I head up to his apartment.

I get to his door and try to go in but the door is locked. The door is never locked. I knock on the door and it swings open. Drake gives me a small smile and lets us in.

"I didn't know you were coming over." He said, picking up Brandon.

"I wanted to see how you're doing. You weren't yourself yesterday."

"Tell me about it. I woke up this morning with a headache and feeling sick."

I looked around his apartment noticing something different. Then I realize it. His apartment is actually clean for once. He actually took the time to clean.

"Your apartment is... clean." I say.

"Fiona is stopping by. I thought I'd clean up some."

"Some? You clean this place from top to bottom. It's spotless. She really means that much to you?"
He opened his mouth as thought to say something, Then quickly closed it and furrowed his brows.

"I'm really sure how I feel about her yet. I mean I love having her around. She's good to talk to and she actually listens. Also, she makes me smile. I forgot how it felt to have someone care about me. Being single sucks."
Those last 3 words triggered something in me and I couldn't help the tears that came. Drake gave me a confused and worried look.

"Why are you crying? What did I say?"
"It's fine. I'm okay. I've just had a bad couple of days."
"Is it school? Are the people still talking? I'll handle them if you want me to."
I smiled. Even though we're not really friends and we're definitely not getting back together, he's still here for me to talk to. He'll actually act concerned about me.

I look him over. He's wearing dark clothes and his hair is a little messy like always. I can still see the anger in his face that he always has, even though he looks worried. The way he sits beside me has arrogant written all over it. He's the same Drake even though he's dating the goodie-goodie Fiona. He'll always be the same Drake I fell in love with once before. But he can't be trusted because he's a liar and unreliable.

The smile wipes from my face and I take Brandon from him. I then stand up and walk towards the door.

"Where are you going?" He asks me.

"Home. I'm going home."

"Why? I thought you were going to tell me why you're upset."
"No. I'm not going to tell you anything. I'll see you later. Brandon, say bye to daddy." Brandon waves at Drake and I walk out the door.