Chapter 12 (Part 1)

Chapter 12

Regrets

Hayden's P.O.V*

I woke up with my cheek pressed against Ashton's chest. His arms were wrapped around me, holding me close. I smiled, remembering what happened last night. Ashton and I finally slept together and it was so amazing the way we moved in sync. Only love can make something like that truly amazing.

I reached up and placed a kiss on his cheek. He stirred and slowly opened his eyes.

"Morning." I said. He groaned and turned away. I guess he was serious when he isn't a morning person. "Come on, wake up." I whined, standing up and pulling him with me.

"Leave me alone." He whined. "I want to sleep."
"Don't waste the day."

He stood up and glared at me. He had a bed head that made him look so hot, I could melt.

"It's not so bad. Get yourself some coffee." I told him with a smile.
"You're not going to let me go back to sleep are you?"
"Nope." I popped the 'P'. "I'll just keep bothering you."
He sighed and left the room. I looked over at Brandon and saw that he was gone. I panicked. He's gone? Where could he be?" I searched the room, but he wasn't here. I ran out into the hallway and saw Ashton holding Brandon up.

"Look who I found playing in the toilet." He said.

I sighed with relief and went to get Brandon. I wish he would've stayed in the room By do babies have to be so adventurous? "Brandon, you scared Mommy. We don't play in toilets."
"Dada." Brandon responded.

Ashton let me use his tub to shower and wash Brandon. I dressed us and went downstairs to find Ashton asleep on the couch. I guess I'll let him sleep. He's no fun when he wakes up early. I fed Brandon and decided to go for a walk. I wrote a note to Ashton and left it on the coffee table by the couch.

Brandon and I left the house. It was quite warm out telling me today would be a good day. Brandon ran ahead of me, but I didn't worry. He's only one and can't run that fast.

"Hey!" Someone called from behind me. I turned to see a tall guy with shaggy brown hair. He had green eyes and looked about 16. He smiled at me as he approached.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

"Naw, I'm Ashton's neighbor J.T. What's your name?"
"I'm Hayden. I'm Ashton's girlfriend."

"Wow, you're really pretty. I thought Ashton would never bring a girl home. It's been a while."

"How long?"
Ashton said that he slept with his one girlfriend, but how long ago was that? They could've broken up the day before we started going out. I don't know much about Ashton's past.

"They broke up a few months ago. It wasn't pretty bad if I remember correctly. Cheating and lying and all that good stuff. There's perks to being his neighbor."

"Who was cheating and lying?"

"I think it was Ashton. Shocker, right? He doesn't seem the type. But you're way prettier than his last girlfriend so you have nothing to worry about."

"J.T, come eat Breakfast!" A woman yelled from a house.

"Gotta go. See you later!" J.T ran off into the house.

I went back to the house and was a little surprised to see that Ashton was already awake. I smelled something good cooking and went into the kitchen. Ashton was already dressed and was making pancakes.

"Hey, how was your walk?" He asked me with a smile.

"Did you cheat on your last girlfriend?" I asked, getting straight to the point. I don't think I want to take the chance of being cheated on.

"Where did you hear that?" The smile wiped from his face.

Why isn't he denying it? If it wasn't true, I'm pretty sure he would deny it. He's scaring me.

"It doesn't matter where I heard it." I said. "All that matters is whether it's true or not."
"It's not true. My ex-girlfriend cheated on me."

"Yeah, the person also added in something about lying. Are you lying to me right now?"
"No! Where is all of this coming from? You and I had the most amazing night last night and now your trying to argue with me. Who told all this information?"
"It doesn't matter. I'm going home."
"How?"

"I'm calling a taxi."
I called a taxi and it was here within minutes. I buckled Brandon in and slipped into the back. Ashton stood in the doorway and watched as we pulled off. This is our first argument and I wish it could've happened a different time. We made love for the first time last night and now everything is ruined.

The taxi pulled in front of my house. I paid the driver then we got out and went inside. The house was completely empty like usual. Has my mom been home? My cell rang and I saw it was Drake.

"Hey Drake." I answered.

"What happened yesterday? You hung up on me."
"I'm sorry. Something happened yesterday."
"What? Is everything okay with Brandon?"
"Yeah, he's fine. But... my father showed up yesterday. He seemed nice enough, but I'm too sure yet."

"You're father showed up? Why? Did he want money or something?"

"No. He's married now and they're thinking about having kids. That's what made him think of me and look me up."
"That a**hole. You can't possibly be ready to forgive him."

"No, not yet. I'm just seeing what he's like, making sure he's okay for Brandon to be around."
"Can you bring Brandon over?"
"I don't have a car."

"Get Ashton to drive you."
"We're fighting right now."
"Oh really? The two of you are fighting? I thought I'd never see the day. I'll come over there then."
An hour later, Drake was here. I expected to him to get a ride from Darren, but Darren isn't here.

"Hey little buddy." Drake said, picking Brandon up and tossing him in the air. "So tell me what's going on between you and Ashton." He turned to me, straddling Brandon on his hip.

"I was taking a walk with Brandon when one of his neighbors came out to talk to me. The kids had to be at lest 16,. Anyway, he said that I'm Ashton's first girlfriend in months. Apparently, he cheated and lied to his now ex-girlfriend. I don't know if I can trust him now. And I had to find all of this out, after we slept together. This blows."
Drake quickly put Brandon down on the floor and came closer to me. He looked angry. What's his problem?"

"You slept with him? Are you f**king kidding me? You slept with that a**hole? Are you out of your mind?"

"I don't think it's much of your business."
"The hell it is! This could be the guy you plan on raising our son around."

"Yeah, and? It could be any guy. I know that it won't be you, so you'd better get used to the idea of somebody else raising our son."
Drake grabbed my hand pulled me to him, meeting our lips. What is he doing? What does he... I couldn't think straight anymore. I was lost. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my hands in his hair. He grabbed on to my waist and pulled me closer. He pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"Remember that when you kiss him or sleep with him again." He smirked, picked up Brandon, then left. What just happened?

'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'

Here's part 1. Part 2 should be up tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed!! ;-)