Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Sorry

Drake's P.O.V*

I pushed Brandon down the isle in the cart. I hate grocery shopping when I have Brandon, but I need food in the house.

"Drake?" Someone said from behind me. I turned to see my co-worker Fiona.

"Hi." I simply said.

"Is this your son?" She came over and took Brandon's hand.

"Yeah. I have him for the weekend."

"That's cool. Um, do you want to hang out sometime? Maybe catch a movie?"

I don't understand her. I yell at her all the time at work and call her names. Why does she still try everyday? Hayden doesn't put up with it, so why does Fiona? She can't possibly like me that much.

"Sure. How about tonight?"
"Really? Are you serious?"

"Yeah. Pick me up at 7:00?"

"See you then."
She said good-bye to Brandon and walked off. I have to understand her motive. I have to understand why she cares so much.

Hayden's P.O.V*

Ashton text me asking me to come over. I said good-bye to Kristie and Joey and headed over to Ashton's. I guess he's not spending the whole day with his dad.

I got to Ashton's house and went to ring the doorbell. I wonder why he's not spending time with his dad? I rang the doorbell and waited a moment. The door swung open revealing Ashton.

"Hi." I greeted.

"Hey." He leaned in and gave me a light kiss.

I came in and looked around. The house was spotless. They must have a house cleaner.

"I thought you were spending the day with your dad" I said.

"That was the plan. But he got called in. They didn't care if he took off work or not."

"I'm sorry. Did you have fun during the time you had?"

"A little. But enough about that. What have you been doing all day?"

"I was at Kristie's house. I was bored after you left."

"Well now you're here, and you don't have to be bored."
I sat on the couch with Ashton and he turned on the TV. He put his arm around me and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Are you okay with your dad leaving early today?"

"Not really, but what does it matter what I think?"

"It means everything to me. You're dad is a famous surgeon. I'm guessing he has a lot of authority. He needs to use that on the people he works with. Today was his day off and that's the way it should've stayed."

"I'm glad you realize that too."

Drake's P.O.V*

I showered and dressed for my date. Hopefully Hayden won't mind taking Brandon for tonight. After I dressed, I called Hayden.

"What is it Drake?" She answered.

"Would you mind taking Brandon for tonight?"
"Why?"

"I have a date."
"You have a date? With who? You're dating now? Since when do you date?"

"Since now. Can you take him or not?"

"I can. I'll be over in a minute."
"Alright. Thanks."

I packed Brandon's bag so that Hayden could come and then go. I don't want her to meet Fiona. I don't know if she'll critique her or not.

Half an hour passed and there was a buzz at the door. I went to answer it, hoping it was Hayden and not Fiona.