Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Arrested

Hayden's P.O.V*

Joey and Kristie decided to leave not long after Carson left. Ashton stayed and we sat on the couch and watch TV.

"Can I go live at your house?" I asked. "I don't want to live in this house any longer."

"I don't think our parents would like that very much."
"My mom wouldn't care. All she wants me around for is to shoo of the guys she brings home."

"Come on, I'm sure she loves you."

"You haven't lived with her for 17 years. Trust me, I know she doesn't care about me. She let's me do whatever I want, stay out as late as I want, date anyone I want, wear anything I want, and she's rarely ever home. She's too busy sleeping around or "entertaining". I'm the adult around here. It's basically Brandon and me here alone."

"I'll stay here tonight, if you let me."

He wants to stay here with me tonight? Why would he want to stay here in a house like this when his is so amazing?

"Of course, but why? You're house is far better than mine will ever be."

"My house isn't all that great. It's empty most of the time and I get lonely. At least you have Brandon to keep you company."

Ashton left to get some things from his house and I made dinner. We need groceries and it's not like my mom is going to do anything about it. I may be a mom now, but I hate having to do everything around here. Before I had Brandon, my plan was to graduate high school then college, then get married to Drake, then have kids. Everything has gone out of order. I may be a mom, but I saw myself getting help from my husband. I don't have a husband and I can't rely on my mom. I have to do everything around here.

I heard Brandon crying through the baby monitor and sighed. I can't even cook dinner in peace. I went to get Brandon. I got to the nursery and found him screaming his lungs out. I picked him up and realized he needed his diaper changed.

After changing Brandon's diaper, the doorbell rang. I carried Brandon downstairs and answered the door. Darren leaned on the door frame. When he saw me he smirked.

"What are you doing here and so late?" I asked.

"Drake and I are here for dinner."
"Dinner? You and Drake?"

What makes them think I want them here for dinner? Ashton will be back at any minute.

"You weren't invited, go away." I said, shutting the door. Darren put out his hand and stopped the door. "Quit! I don't want you here."
I heard a car door shut and then Drake was in front of my door. He smiled at Brandon and took him from me, coming inside.

"Get out!" I exclaimed. Darren came in too and shut the door behind him. He went into the kitchen. "I'll call the police." I threatened.

"Stop panicking Hayden and treat us to dinner." Drake said. "We just thought we'd give you some company."

"I already have company. He's just not here yet."

"You're dating someone else already?" Darren asked, poking his head around the corner. He had a bag of cookies in his hands and crumbs on his face. "Slut much?" He disappeared.

"I'm not a slut! Now get out of my house before I call the police."

"Calm down Hayden." Drake said, setting Brandon down on the floor.

He came over to me and placed his hand on my cheek. He wiped a tear away with his thumb.

"He didn't mean it. You know how Darren is. He's says things without thinking. Don't let it get to you. I know people call you a slut in school and you hate it. It's alright."
"Shut up." I shoved him away. "You don't know anything. You dropped out remember?"
"If I could go back, I would, just to be there for you."