Chapter 3

Chapter 3

First Date

Hayden's P.O.V*

I heard Brandon whining and reluctantly got up to get him. I walked into the nursery and picked him up. I immediately knew he needed his diaper changed. I changed his diaper and put him back to bed. I heard the front door open then shut.

I went downstairs to see my mom and some guy. They were making out and making their way to her bedroom.

"What are you doing?" I asked. They jumped and looked at me.

"I thought you'd be sleep." My mom said.

"Brandon was whining. Who are you?" I asked the guy.

"Andrew Collins." He answered. "Who are you?"

"I'm Hayden, her daughter."

"You have a daughter? Gross! I'm out of here."

The man gave my mom a disgusted look before leaving. I guess he doesn't like women who've had children.

"Thanks a lot. Why can't you just say you're my sister? They'd believe it."

"Because I could care less what they think? Brandon is in the house. I don't trust a stranger in the house."

"Good-night. I'm exhausted."

The next morning, I ate breakfast then got Brandon up for the day. I brought him downstairs and let him play with the toys. Today I'm doing school shopping with Kristie . School starts back up in a month and I don't know what I'm going to do with Brandon . I need a daycare or ask Drake to take him.

My cell rand and I looked to see it was Drake calling. I sighed and reluctantly answered.

"What Drake?"

"Actually, it's Darren." Darren's voice rang through the phone.

"Why are you calling from Drake's phone?"

"Because I don't have your number."

"So what do you want?" This is so strange. Why would he be calling me?

"I'm sorry about last night. I think you're a really nice person who cares for people. That's what I like about you. I need someone like you in my life."
"You're such a liar. What's the real reason you want to go out with me?"
"That is the real reason."

"Goof-bye Darren."

I hung up on him. I'm pretty sure he just wants to sleep with me and get it over with. I absolutely hate guys like him. Is it like some kind of contest between guys or something? Why can't they actually care about the person?

The doorbell rang and I went to answer it. I opened the door and saw Kristie with a smile on her face.

"Hey, ready to go do some shopping?" She asked.

"Yeah, just let me get Brandon and his bag."

We went to the mall and began shopping around. We started off in H&M and moved along to our favorite stores.

"So what do you plan on doing with Brandon?" Kristie asked me as she looked through a rack of shirts.

"I don't know yet. I guess I could take him to the daycare I was taking him to before, but he didn't seem to like that one all that much."

"What about Drake? Can he take him?"

"I don't know. He has to work, but I don't know what his hours are."

"Well you have a month to figure it out. That's plenty of time."

Drake's P.O.V*

I took the order of a middle-aged woman. She looks like she weighs 400 pounds. She definitely doesn't need McDonalds. I didn't say anything though. I simply smiled and gave the woman her change.