Chapter 8

Chapter 8

First Day

My alarm clock went off and I groaned, not wanting to get up. It's the first day of school and I really don't want to go. But I'm a senior, so after this year I'm finished. I can't stand to wake up early like this.

I slowly sat up and ran my hand through my hair. Today is going to be a long day. I got up and went to take a shower. After, I dressed in jeans and a crop top. I went to get Brandon up so he can get ready for daycare. I'm taking him back to the place I was taking him before. It's in my budget and it's close to home.

I ate breakfast and fed Brandon. After, I took Brandon to day care. I pulled up to the house and parked. I could hear children playing inside. I knocked on the door and Ms. Hadley quickly answered. She was a big woman with short brown hair and green eyes.

"Back again?" She said with a smile.

"Yeah. His eating schedule is the same as before. Do you remember it?"

"Of course."

"Great."

I gave Brandon a kiss on the cheek and handed him over to Ms. Hadley. I then headed off to school. The first day hasn't even started and I already can't wait until school is over. I just want to forget everything. Kristie is the only friend I have at my school. Ever since I got pregnant, everyone has belittled me and called me names. That's another reason I wish Ashton was going to this school.

I pulled into the familiar parking lot and found a parking space. I parked directly in front of the school, that way I'd be able to find my car easier and leave faster. I climbed out of my car and took a deep breath.

"You're gorgeous, smart, and caring. . You're not a slut, whore, or b***h." I told myself.

I walked into the school with my head held high. I saw people laughing and hugging their friends. Clicks were into their own little conversations and into their own groups. Some of them turned to stare at me. I sped up, trying to get to my locker. I hate it when they stare at me, especially all at once.

I finally got to my locker and opened it. I put my things away and closed it. I leaned my back on my locker and sighed. I already want to go home.

"Hayden!" I heard a familiar voice shout. I was grabbed into a tight hug. I was released and I looked to see Kristie.

"Hey Kristie." I greeted.

"You look sad. Don't tell me people have already gotten to you." I didn't comment. "Aw, don't let them get to you so soon. You're a great mother and you have so much patience. Those people are just immature teenagers. You're pretty much an adult now."
"Thanks Kristie."

"So, do we have any classes together? I have three with Joey."
"Let's see."
I'm pretty satisfied with my schedule. I didn't all of the classes I wanted, but it's not so bad.

Physics

Calc

Free

Lunch

AP Lit

French III

Gym

AP Gov.

We had the same free period and the same gym class. I'm glad I'll know somebody in my class.

"Yes!" She exclaimed. "This year is going to be great. We're seniors baby! We rule the school!" I laughed at her. I love that she's so happy all the time. I've never seen her sad before, even after a breakup. She's always smiling and having fun.