Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Jealous

Hayden's P.O.V*

School starts next week and I'm getting tired from searching for daycares. I obviously can't bring him to school with me. Drake can't take him because he has to work. I don't have enough money to take him to an actual daycare center. I'm totally screwed.

I changed Brandon's diaper then brought him downstairs. I set him on the floor and flipped on the TV to Nick Jr. Brandon sat on the floor and watched Yo Gabba Gabba. I went to get a snack. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bag of chips.

I went back into the living room and sat on the couch. Not long after, my cell rang. I looked to see it was Ashton. I quickly answered, a smile on my face.

"Hey Ashton. What's up?"
"Want to spend the day with me? It'll probably be the last time before school starts up."

Ashton goes to Land Chester High and I go to Westwood High. I wish we could go to the same high school. I'd get to see him more often.

"I'd love to spend the day with you." I answered.

"Great." The doorbell rang and I got up to answer it. When I opened the door, I was shocked to see Ashton. "Surprise." He said.

I hung up and stuffed my phone back into my pocket. I can't believe he called me when he's already here.

"How did you know I'd say yes?" I asked, letting him in.

"How could you say no?" I smiled.

"So what do you have planned for today?"

"I want you to meet my dad. I've met your mom, so why not have you meet my dad?"

"Meet your dad? But what if he doesn't like me? I mean, I have a baby at 17, what does that say about me? I don't think he'll like me. No, I can't."
"Please? I've told him all about you. He really wants to meet you. He knows about Brandon and he doesn't mind."

"Really?"

"Yes. I wouldn't lie to you."

"Okay then. But can we drop Brandon off at Drake's first? It's his time to have Brandon."

"Sure. Let's go."

Ashton willingly drove me to Drake's apartment. I hate them being near each other, but I'll just drop Brandon off quickly.

"Drake lives here?" Ashton asked, stopping in front of the apartment. "This neighborhood is dangerous. This isn't a place for Brandon to be in."
"That's what I told him, but he doesn't seem to care."
"He's a real jerk."

"Yeah, I know."
I got out and went to buzz Drake's apartment. I waited for him to answer. There wasn't one. Is he ignoring me, or is he not home? He knows Brandon is coming today. I hate when he does stuff like this. It's so annoying.

I went to get back in the car. Ashton gave me a confused look. I sighed and shrugged my shoulders.

"He's not there. He always does things like this. It drives me crazy."
"Do you want to wait for him to get back?"

"No. Who knows when that'll be."

Ashton drove to his house. I'm super nervous of what his father will think of me. Ever since I had Brandon, no one likes me. I'm like an outcast now. Sometimes I hate my life, but then I look at Brandon and everything gets better. And now that Ashton is here, nothing can bring me down.

Ashton pulled into the driveway of a nice house. It was big with stone walls and wide, open windows. There were three garages, and the lawn was perfectly mown.