Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Fallen

Hayden's P.O.V*

I walked into the school building and headed straight to Ashton's locker. Hopefully he's in a better mood today. He hasn't been fun to be around all weekend.

I got to his locker and was surprised to see Marcie there. The last time I saw them together, he was telling her to go away. Now he's actually talking to her. Like they're having and actual conversation.

I became extremely confused when I saw a smile cross his face. He looked down at the ground in a shy way then looked back up at her. I marched over and took his hand, claiming him as mine.

"What do you want Marcie?" I asked, not bothering to keep the defensiveness out of my voice.

"Calm down Hayden." Ashton said, pulling his hand away. "Geez, can't I have a normal conversation without you butting in and jumping to conclusions?"

I stared at him. I wasn't expecting that response at all. Why is he being nicer to Marcie than he's being to me? This is like the twilight zone.

"Always have to get yourself in the middle of something, don't you?" Marcie said, smirking. "Isn't your life full of enough drama?"

"I..." I started, but Ashton cut me off.

"So we'll meet by your locker for lunch?" He asked her.

Now they're eating lunch together? Just last week he hated her. Did I miss something?

"Sounds like a plan. I'll be looking for those gorgeous blue eyes of yours to walk around the corner."
He smiled again. "Alright."
Marcie left, but not without first giving me a cunning smile. Once she was around the corner and out of sight, I jabbed Ashton in the side.

"What the hell was that?" I asked him.

"What are you talking about? God, why are you acting like this today?"

"You hate Marcie. You love me. Why are you treating her better? I'm you're girlfriend, remember? And why are you meeting her for lunch? You always eat lunch with me, Joey, and Kristie."

"Well maybe I want to eat lunch with someone different for a change." The bell rang. "I have to get to class. I'll see you later. And hopefully you won't have this bad attitude."

Ashton walked away, leaving me dumbfounded. Even if he did want to eat lunch with someone different, why did it have to be with Marcie? It's not like I'm accusing him of cheating. I'm just really confused.

.Ashton's P.O.V*

I walked away, glad to get away from Hayden. Why does she think she can come over and act jealous? She broke up with me for getting jealous of her and Drake. Now she wants to get jealous over nothing. Maybe I want to make other friends besides Her, Joey, and Kristie. Marcie really isn't that bad of a person once you get to know her. Hayden should stop being so mean and give her a chance. I never thought I'd feel annoyed by Hayden, ever, but I do. She's very annoying today and it's a turn off.

Drake's P.O.V*

I took my lunch break with Fiona. We sat outside on the curb and ate our burgers and fries.

"Are you getting tired of McDonalds food, or is it just me?" Fiona asked.

"I'm getting tired of it. But we only get 30 minutes for break. We can't go anywhere else."
"I know, it sucks. I'd rather be out with you for a proper lunch date. McDonalds doesn't quite do it for me."

"How about Saturday?"

"Lunch date on Saturday?"
"Yeah, why not? That is, if you don't mind Brandon being around."
"Of course I don't mind. He's like the cutest baby in the world. He has a hot guy like you for a dad. And a really pretty girl as his mom. And I don't get to be around babies that much. And I love them."