Chapter 28

Chapter 28

Halloween

Hayden's P.O.V*

I looked through the Halloween store for a costume. I wish I would've looked earlier. All of the good costumes are wiped out. I just had so much going on before.

"Should we try somewhere else?" I asked Drake.

"I don't think you'll find anything better than what you have here. Just choose one. It's just Halloween."

I sighed in frustration. Halloween is always better if you dress up. Why can't Drake get into the mood?

"How about this one?" Drake asked. I looked to see him holding up a superman costume for Brandon.

"That's cute. Can he fit it?"

"The only one left in his size."

"Perfect. Now I just need one for me."

"Don't get some lame costume. It's a waste of money.'

"I'm not taking Brandon trick-or-treating without a costume."

I looked through a rack of costumes and found the perfect one. How could someone miss a costume like this?

"I found it." I said.

"Okay, now let's go."

I paid for the costumes and headed home. Tomorrow is Halloween and I expect to go to every house so Brandon gets a lot of candy.

"Are you coming with us tomorrow?" I asked Drake.

"I wasn't planning on it."

"Come on. You don't have to dress up."

"I'm not going. I hate Halloween."

"Awe, does somebody get scared?" I teased.

"No. I just don't like it. Plus, I'm too old to be trick-or-treating."

"You're only 18. That's still a teenager. And you have Brandon as an excuse."

"I don't think so."

We got home and went inside. I found my mom making out with some guy on the couch.

"Mom!" I exclaimed. She jumped up and looked at us.

"You aren't supposed to be home yet." She said.

"What do you mean? We just went to a Halloween store."

"I expected you to take longer."

"Whatever. Take your... guy somewhere else."

"This is my house."

"Let's go to my place." Drake said.

We left and I drove to Drake's apartment. I hate when my mom gives orders when she's hardly ever around.

"I hate her." I said, not really talking to anyone in particular.

"She's your mom." Drake said. "You can't hate her."

"Wanna bet? She always comes into the house making out with some random guy. She's a hore and everyone knows it. I hate when she bosses me around. I'm more mature than she'll ever be and she's never home to really be a mother. Who is she to order me around?"

"Why don't you get emancipated? Life is far better. Trust me."

"Yeah right. Look where you are in life. You just got out of the hospital because you were shot."

"That's me. Not everyone has a bad life."

We got to Drake's and I put Brandon down for a nap in Drake's room. I went back into the living room and plopped down on the couch.