Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Winning

Hayden's P.O.V*

I drove home and tried to forget about what just happened. At least Brandon was okay. Now he's asleep in his car seat. Drake picking up Brandon without my permission caused me to come here and almost get raped.

I got home and saw an unfamiliar car in the driveway. I parked and got Brandon out of the back. I went inside and was surprised to see my mom and Carson sitting on the couch.

"Uh, hi." I said.

"Hayden, why didn't you ever tell me Carson stopped by?" My mom asked me.

"Well if you haven't noticed, you're never home. I pretty much live here on my own."

"That doesn't mean you can keep something this important from me! He wants partial custody of you."

Partial custody? Like what Drake and I have with Brandon? That's insane. He can't just come into my life and want partial custody of me. I'm almost 18. What's the point?

"No." I said. "It's too late. I'm almost and adult. You abandoned me, Carson. It was your choice not to fight for me. You're 17 years too late. I'm not agreeing to this. I'm fine on my own. I've practically raised myself. I don't need anyone to watch over me now."

I took Brandon upstairs and put him in his crib. The only reason we have the custody thing for Brandon is because it's better for a child to have both parents. The difference is, he's a baby and I'm not. I'm a mom now and a young adult. I'm already grown up. I don't need parents anymore. My mom was never here for me and my dad is just showing up. I don't need them.

Ashton's P.O.V*

I sat with Kristie and Joey in the small café a few blocks from my house. Kristie told me that she couldn't get Hayden to reconsider, which leaves me with no hope. She won't listen to me or her best friend. What is there left?

"Look at the bright side." Joey said. "At least she hasn't run off with Drake."

"That's more like the dim side. The bright side would be that we're still friends. But we're not."

"You could be." Kristie said. "If you're her friend, you can't act like the jealous boyfriend type which makes you look good again."

"Yeah, but she'd never go for that. I screwed up and now I've lost her. I just don't know what to do."

"I'll call her and invite he over here."

"She won't come if she knows I'm here."

"Then I just won't tell her."

Drake's P.O.V*

My speaker buzzed and I went to answer it. Of course it was Darren so I let him up. I remember when I kicked him out of my apartment. He wasn't even mad at me. He was perfectly fine with it. At least I didn't lose the only friend I have.

Darren walked through the door with a cheeky grin on his face. I wonder what's he's done now.

"Guess who I just saw." He said.

"Who?"

"The one and only girl you care about."

"Hayden? I mean, I'm guessing you're talking about Hayden since you have this stupid theory." I don't care about Hayden. She just belongs to me.

"She was in some trouble in the alley a little ways down. Luckily I was there to rescue her."

"What kind of trouble?"