Chapter 13

"Relatives of Ms. Adkins?" A doctor called out as as he opened the operating room.

Ms. Adkins? Is that her?

"I am!" I stood up from the back aching bench with my knees trembling.

"How are you related to the patient? I'm asking because she is in a very critical condition right now." He pulled down his face mask and slipped off his gloves with Adele's blood.

"I-I am his... F-fiancé..." I mumbled on my own words.

"Well, your girlfriend lost massive of blood and we urgently need donors or you can go to a blood bank Mr."

"What's her blood type?" I asked as I pulled out my phone from my pocket.

"She's O+" Fuck we're not compatible...

"Okay, how many bags does she needs?"

"3 1/2 but make it 4, we still don't know if her body will accept it... And one more thing, there is a severe damage on her head."

"What do you mean?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows and welled eyes.

"There's a possibility that her movements, speech or memory will be affected. But don't worry, we'll still run some tests to see how deep the damages are." The doctor faintly smiled at me but that doesn't shook my thoughts of losing her and having no chance to know her even better.

The doctor went back to Adele's room as I rushed to the nearest blood bank.

"Daniel, are you busy tonight?" I phoned my younger brother, hoping he can accompany me right now.

"Not really, why bruv?" I heard him chewing, he's probably having his mid night snack.

"It's a long story, can you meet me at the West Blood Bank?" I pulled my car to the driveway and went inside.

"Okay, I'm on my way." I hung the phone and walked to the lobby.

"I need 4 bags of O+" I said out of breath.

The nurse handed me them all and I settled my payment.

"Si!" I saw Daniel passed by the door.

"Thanks Dan..." I faintly smiled as we headed out of the bank.

"No need to thank me Si. Now tell me, what's this all about?" He handed his keys to his friend and let him drive his car back home.

"I met a lady awhile ago, and she's drunk and broken. She refused me to drive her back home so I followed her instead down the road."

"And?" Daniel's gaze were transfered to the blood bags.

"Her car got hit by a truck and she's now in the hospital, in critical condition." I held on the steering wheel so tight as my tears began to escape from my eyes.

"You are already attached to her? I mean, do you like her Si?" Daniel stared at me with a small smile on his face.

"I don't know... Probably?" The silence came over until we reached back to the hospital.

"I'll be waiting here, phone me yeah?" Daniel sat on a vacant bench.

"Yes yes, thanks Dan." I pat his back and did a forced smile.

"Now go, she needs that blood. She needs you Simon." My smile grew a little more wide with Daniel's words.

I quickly searched for her doctor.

"Do everything please." My lips quiver as I handed him the bags.

"We'll do everything we can." And with that, the doctor left me and he went back inside.

"Everything will be fine..." Daniel said as he handed me a cup of coffee.

"I hope so..."

***

"Simon." Daniel gently shook my shoulders, waking me up.

"The doctor." He pointed out the doctor who's waiting outside her room.

I quickly stood up and went to him.

"How's her?" I fidgeted my fingers and bit my lower lip.

"Her body accepted the blood and we just need to wait for her to wake up before we could run the tests."

"Can I-I see her?"

"Sure, just call a nurse if you need something."

"Thanks you." I passed by the doctor and slowly opened the door.

The light from the outside made me see her body lying on the bed.

We just separated for more than 5 hours and I'm already missing her...

I took my time to watch on her face, adoring every inch of her features. My tear fell as I saw her dark bruises and swollen cut lips.

"I know this is kinda crazy... I'm falling in love with a woman whom I barely know... I don't even know your na-" I was cut off when my eyes landed on her hospital wristband.

"Adele Adkins"

"I'm Simon..." I carefully held her hand and kissed it.

"I know your heart was left shattered, but I'm here Adele... I'll mend you..." I placed a gentle kiss on her bandaged forehead and laid on the couch near to her bed.

ADELE'S POV

I woke up with a heavy head and painful body.

"Where am I?" I squinted my eyes to the man who was sleeping on the couch.

"W-who are you?" I reluctantly asked him.

"You can't remember me?" His eyes slightly widened as he stood up from the couch.

"No... Where am I? W-who Am I? What happened?" I began to panic to the thought that I can't remember anything.

"Um... You're in the hospital because you got into a car accident..." He inched closer to my bed, sitting beside me.

"Who am I? Who are you?" Tears began to fall from my eyes. My mind is completely blanked and washed out.

"You're Adele Adkins, I'm Simon Konecki..." I saw his hands dubiously held mine.

"Are we related?" My brows furrowed as I still tried to remember my life.

He transfered his gaze to the floor, avoiding my eyes.

"For fuck sake! Can't you-" I was cut off by the next words he said.

"I am your fiancé." He said with teary eyes and trembling lips.

"Y-you are?" I gently squeezed his hand as he slowly moved closer to me.

"Yes I am baby..." His lips touched mine as his hands rested on the both sides of my face.

It seems like...

A/N: 3 books are fucking insane 😐😅 well, I hope you're enjoying tho 💞😘 x

- A.

Love In The Darkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें