Chapter 21

SIMON'S POV

Fuck!

"I don't know him babe..." I shifted my gaze to the floor, preventing Adele's questioning look.

"How come Simon? You're my fiancé, and you should know a lot of things about me... I mean my whole life." Adele began to cry slowly again. I know she's hurt by me, not being capable to give the answers she needed.

"Adele-"

"Are you hiding something from me Simon?" I found her sharp stare focused on me.

"I-I'm sorry Adele..." I held her hand but she quickly shook it off.

"Leave me Simon. I-I need time..." She sounded cold as she wipe her tears away.

"No Adele, I won't leave you-"

"Just go. I need to find myself..." Adele removed my hand from her waist, gently pushing me off of her.

"Babe-"

"Leave me alone!" My body suddenly jumped because of Adele's voice.

"If that's what you want Adele... but I'll be waiting for you babe. Take care and I love you so much..." A tear slipped from my eye as I wrapped my arms around Adele's body.

"T-Thank you Simon... I love you too..." She walked me out from her room, leaving us both weeping.

My nightmare...

ADELE'S POV

I can't believe Simon had lied to me. He was the one I'm holding onto now but I guess being us apart, makes me find myself more. I need to do this on my own, because even Simon cannot give me the answers that I needed.

As soon as I locked my doors, I slid my back onto it. Burying my face on my hands, crying my eyes out. I feel so fragile and vulnerable. I feel unsafe without Simon by my side, but I need to be strong for myself.

"Mummy!" I was cut off from sobbing when I heard a familiar voice again.

"Mumma!" I heard a baby laughing and calling me.

Mummy? I'm a mum? I have a child?

"Work! Work! Come on!" I tapped my head a couple of times as I tried to remember some voices more.

"Adele..." A voice coming from a man followed.

"Shit! Who are you?" I mumbled to myself.

"I love you Alex... You and our son, Ian..." a memory of me being pregnant and a man flashed on my head.

I have a family?...Who's Simon in my life? Why can't I still remember something from him before?

I quickly stood up from bawling and went to my bed. I reached for my drawer and grabbed my black notebook. As I was writing the man and the baby's name on a page, a little photograph fell from the back pocket of my notebook.

I slowly picked it up and saw the same man on my memory. It was a picture of I and him that just got married.

"Happy anniversary my Delly x - Alex" it said on the back.

My head slightly hurt when a memory of us in the wedding ceremony flashed on my head.

Alex! Alex is my husband!

A/N: this is shit...

- C.