Chapter 14

SIMON'S POV

I know I lied to Adele, but it's for her own good sake. This is the only way I can help her, building her new world and giving her a new life.

I don't now what tomorrow brings, I know she'd hate me if she'll find out. But I don't care about myself anymore, all I wanted is to bring joy and relief to Adele even in a short period of time.

"How are you feeling right now babe?" I asked as we pulled away from our kiss.

Our first kiss...

"My head really hurts so bad, and this cast is so heavy!" Adele groaned and took a glance on her wrapped right arm.

"Okay, I'll call a nurse to check you out. I'll be back." I fixed her blanket and bent down to kiss her forehead.

I'm really falling for this girl...

"S-Simon..." Adele held my arm as she bit her lower lip.

"Yes honey?" I sat back on the chair and gently rubbed small circles on her bruised cheeks.

"I'm a-afraid that my memory won't come back anymore..." Streaks of tears instantly fell on the sides of her face.

Honestly, I'm praying for it to be completely washed away Adele...

"I'll help you remember all of our memories together, don't worry baby..." I carefully wiped away her tears and stroked her hair.

As if we have a plenty of one... But I'm ready to make new memories with Adele...

"T-Thank you Simon... I'm sorry for not remembering you as my fiancé..." Adele's faint smile caused me to be flushed by guilt even more.

"It's not your fault baby, life happens." I took her cold and soft hand and kissed it.

Alex... I think he's the reason...

I went our of her room and seek for a nurse. After I had found one, we both came back to Adele.

"Okay Ms. Adkins, we'll check if your movements are somehow affected..." Adele took hold of my hands as she slightly nod her head.

The nurse made her sit up, open and close her hands, bend her knees, but there's one thing Adele failed at.

Besides from not being able to remember anything, she complained about her hips.

"I can't stand!" Adele began to panic as soon as she found out that she can't move her hips.

"Relax hone-" her emotions quickly changed that she almost raised her voice towards the nurse.

"How am I going to relax? I can't remember anything, and now I can't even stand. Now tell me! Should I be relaxed?" She almost got choked by her tears.

"Baby, you will get better soon... Stop worrying, you know I'm here for you..." I enfolded my arms around her body as she buried her face on my chest.

"I'm sorry." I mouthed words to the nurse.

"It's okay." She quickly flashed a smile and left Adele's room.

"Simon... I am now useless!" Adele said in between her heavy sobs.

"You're not useless baby, you are my life... You worth more than anything in this world Del..." I rubbed her back and she began to calm down.

"I need to remember our old life Simon. My past..." I gulped as I heard her said "past".

You can't Adele and you shouldn't... I don't want you to go back to your depressions...

Am I being too selfish to encroach Adele from her true life?

A/N: enjoy everyone 😘 I'm too lazy to make this chapter longer 😂

- A.