Chapter 23

"This feels like home..." I moved my feet back and forth as I sat on the bench.

32 missed calls, 26 text messages from Simon... and a single message from the lady whom I talked to yesterday...

"Please come home my daughter. I'll be waiting."

I scanned through my call logs and hit the green button.

Ring... ring... ring...

"Hey..." I embarassedly said.

"How are you my angel? Mummy missed you so much..." I can clearly hear her silent cries.

"I-I need to talk to you personally, I think you know the answers to my questions..." I bit my lower lip and held my nape.

"Of course, I would genuinely do that for you Adele..."

"I'll meet you at the park here in Tottenham. I don't know what's this place called, but I bet you know-"

"Yes, yes. I exactly know where you are my baby. Mummy will be there."

"Okay..." I sighed and hung the phone.

Am I doing things right?

After 5 minutes, I felt a pair of hands on my shoulder.

There I saw the most calm face I've ever seen in my life. Her eyes are like the skies, so relaxed, so pretty... but you can see the worries laying under the bags of her orbs.

I somehow felt terribly sorry but I don't know why...

"Where have you been baby?" She finally broke down to my shoulders, engulfing me into her arms.

"U-uhm... Honestly, I don't remember who you are..." I transferred my stare to the grass beneath us.

"I-I don't understand honey..." She furrowed her eyebrows but still managed to give a smile. A faint smile indeed.

"Me either, that's why I came here... I know this place by heart..." I glanced around the park, reminiscing a little bit of my childhood memories.

"This is your home Delly, you know us all by this..." Penny gently placed her hand on my chest, feeling my heartbeat.

"Do I?" I held her hand and gave it a small squeeze.

"Yes you do honey... If you can't remember me, I'll help you with it... You may forget the love I have for you Del, but mine to you is unconditional and can never be forgotten..." I cried to her own words.

It hits me like a truck... Having her hands wrapped around mine, makes my world somehow less noisy. She and Simon makes my world so peaceful...

"Where are we going?" I asked as she began to grab my hand.

"To the place where you really belong Del, I'll bring you home..." She cupped my face and wiped away the streaks of my tears.

I just nod in return, giving her my whole trust.

Heart never fails...

Along the drive, I fell asleep out of exhaustion.

"Mummy, it hurts!" A little girl cried as she held her scrapped knees.

"Come here darling, mummy will kiss your boo-boo." The little girl run towards her mother's arms wide open, snuggling on her warm, soft chest.

"Honey, sometimes you need to be hurt in order for you to learn. You'll stumble and fall but what's important is, you are brave enough to stand and continue life again..." The mother cured the little girl's wound and kissed it afterwards.

"But mumma, I'm still to small, I am weak... I don't understand..." The girl pouted as she played on her mother's locket.

"Life's a journey with bumps and confusing turns but during the long run, you're going to meet different kinds of people on your way baby. Some will hurt you, some will love you truly. But all of the pain and love they'll cost you, it'll help you to be a better person my angel. I know you're a strong and beautiful daughter of God, inside and out." The 4 year old girl began to understand her mother.

"Okay, I understand now... I love you mumma!" She showered her mother's face with little smooches.

"I love you too Adele, don't you ever forget that..." The mother rubbed her nose against her daughter's, making them both giggle.

"I will never ever mumma!" She said, wrapping her little arms around her mother's neck.

"Promise?"

"I pinky pwomise!"

"Mummy!" I quickly opened my wet eyes and found myself sweating.

"Adele? Are you okay honey?" I saw the woman in my dreams, handing me a glass of water.

My eyes instantly caught the picture frames standing at the top of a table.

Baby pictures, medals, diplomas...

"It's me..." I said in a barely inaudible voice.

"Yes it's you darling..." Penny sat beside me, rubbing my back.

I saw a picture of a young girl and her mum at the park. Same vision in my dreams...

"It's us..." Warm tears began to surface my quivering lips.

"Yes it's us..." Her voice was now cracked too.

"Mumma!" I threw my arms again back to her neck but this time, I can feel the mother and daughter love in it.

"Adele! You're back! You're home now my baby..." Mum buried her face at the crook of my neck, feeling her tears on my shoulders.

"Thank you mum, thank you for bringing me back home." I gripped on her shirt and felt the locket against my chest.

I'm home... In my mum's loving arms...

A/N: I don't know where this story is heading lol 😂 I hope you're enjoying somehow x

- Chel 💋