Comeback

Nicki's P.O.V. 

So your not going to tell me what happened to you. 

There nothing for me to tell you. I said reaching into the backseat to get my make-up bag. 

You know that I don't take no for an answer.

Okay since you wanna know so bad. I fell and hit my face everywhere. Told you nothing to worry about.  I lied not making eye contact with Nattie.  

You fell and hit your face. That's your story and your sticking to it. She says to me with a small hint of sarcasm in her voice.

Look Nattie the less you know the better. This is a war that I just don't want to add anymore soldiers too. I let out a hard sigh. She could tell that I was frustrated, but that didn't stop her from poking the bear. 

Well I'm not the person you SHOULD be worrying about. What are you going to do when we get to the arena and Joe sees you. Then a random thought just popped into her head. 
Did Joe do this to you?

NO! I told you to stop worrying about it. It is none of your concern. I don't want to put you in this, there are already way to many people in this. I don't need you to be one of them. End of discussion.
Bu--
NO END OF DISCUSSION! I said finally raising my voice a little.  

How's TJ? I asked completely dismissing the previous conversation.

Acting as if we didn't just have a small argument. She answered with He's fine. You know with the neck issues and everything. My body going into auto- and nodding at the right times giving her the impression that I was listening.

I finished doing my make-up trying my hardest to cover up the fact that I look like a bruised banana. Also completely forgetting that we were supposed to come in bare face. But that was a risk that I was just going to have to take.

We later reached our destination. I grabbed my bag and walked to the entrance. I was greeted with smiles and waves. As I walked into the women's looker room ALL the girls pounced on me. Making me lose my breath. 

Well Hello. I said with a large smile spreading across my face. You feeling better. Nikki asked. My face changed from happy to confused. What do you mean do I feel better? 

Joe he was telling us the reason that you weren't here was because you were sick. 
I stood there blank face because this was all new to me. You were sick weren't you? 
Yeah. But I'm feeling better now. I said playing along with Joe's cover up. 

Hey are you scheduled to get in the ring tonight.Eva asked Yes I'm getting in the ring to wrestle I also have promos to cut tonight. 

Hey I'm going to go and change meet me at hair and make-up. I said to Nikki and walked away. 

I got changed in to my back crop top that looked almost like a sports bra. There is this black elastic band at the bottom in a white stitch it said G THANG. As I slid it over my head I smiled. I put on my But my thoughts were soon over thrown by darkness. I knew that it was only a matter of time before Drake knows that I was not coming back. Before he notices that all my dresser draws were cleared out. Before he sees that my make-up is no longer on the bathroom counter. But right now I have all the time in the world. 

I reached hair and make up and the glam squad and sat in the chair. Leslie gave me a disappointed look. What? I asked. You know that your supposed to come in blank face. She said sounding even more disappointed because I knew and I was told before I stepped into the arena.