Americano, Extra Shot

Robin laughed and pulled a hairband from her jean pocket, putting her hair into a bun. "I think that may be a story for another time. Maybe I'll explain everything when I come in the afternoon rather than at closing time." 

Ellie smiled and went over to the coffee machine. "That's fair enough. The machine should be warm enough now so I'll get you a double shot Americano. Does that sound alright?"

"Sure," Robin said. "I'm not usually a coffee drinker so I don't really know what you're talking about." She blushed slightly, laughing at her own ignorance. Ellie laughed with her and fiddled with the machine until a thick, steaming liquid came pouring out of a shining spout. 

"McDonald's coffee doesn't smell this good," Robin muttered, trying to get a good look at what Ellie was doing.

The brunette barista smiled and filled the mug with hot water. Putting the mug down on a saucer, the got a couple of marshmallows out of her hot chocolate jars and put some beside the beverage. "Do you like marshmallows at all?"

Robin nodded eagerly. "Sure do; I was the chubby bunny champion at Uni." 

Ellie giggled under her breath and brought the coffee over, setting it down on the table in front of Robin. "That's one hell of an achievement," Ellie said.

"You bet. It took me two years of hard work and relentless practice to beat the champion and claim the crown for my own." Robin took a sip of the coffee and closed her eyes, her hands tightening around the warm mug. "That is the best thing I've ever drunk."

Not wanting to seem flustered, Ellie sat on her hands and looked over to the coffee machine to avoid Robin's gaze. Half an hour had passed already. They had been talking for thirty minutes, complete strangers, and yet it felt completely natural.

"How much do I owe you then?" Robin took some pound coins from her back pocket and held them out in her hand, ready to count. Ellie looked back at the young woman and was shocked to see a third of the large coffee was already gone. It was impressive to drink such a hot liquid and not react to the burning sensation in your throat. Either that or maybe Robin just didn't feel the heat like she did?

"The towel was free, this conversation is free and so is the coffee. I can't possibly charge you for my help." She pushed Robin's fingers over the coins, reinforcing her words. She was surprised to find blonde's hands cold and soft. Looking into the other woman's eyes, Ellie also found that they weren't brown as she'd originally thought, but instead were made up of a multitude of coloured flecks. There was even a bit of blue in Robin's left eye. Snapping herself out of the daze, Ellie smiled and sat back on the sofa.

A/N: Remember to comment below :) I hope you're enjoying this so far. Please feel free to leave suggestions! Happy reading.