Think About It

The fog had lifted completely by the time Ellie was standing by the cafe door.

"Well, I guess I'll see you around?" Robin said, her feet shuffling on the salt-covered pavement. The council were expecting a frost then.

Ellie slid her key into the door but didn't turn it. "You could help out again tomorrow if you like?" She removed the key, fiddling with it in her shivering hands.

"If you need me, then I'd be happy to help," Robin smiled.

A silence grew from the pause in the conversation, making it harder by the second to get back to normal chit-chat.

"Ok so here's what I'm thinking," Ellie stuffed the keys back in her bag and locked eyes with the blonde. "I need help running the shop, especially at peak times. I can't afford to give someone a large enough wage to support a family but I can pay a fair bit."

Robin nodded slowly, biting her lip as Ellie explained her idea.

"You're unemployed," the brunette said, getting a snigger from Robin. "Why don't I officially employ you to work here?"

Robin let out another stifled laugh, a large grin finding its way onto her rosy-cheeked face. She shook her head a little and pulled Ellie towards her. Robin's arms easily captured Ellie in a hug. The brunette wrapped her arms around the blonde's middle and couldn't help but smile.

Time inevitably passed and Ellie pulled away, reorganising her coat so it was straight and tidy.

"I'll have a think," Robin said, biting her lip once more. "And I'll let you know, miss employer."

Ellie laughed and Robin joined in until the blonde waved goodbye and headed off down the street.

A/N: Technically it's still Monday so I'm not completely late with an update? I think? Anyway, I'm sorry this is later than usual and rather short, but I have big plans for these two :3 Let me know what you think with a comment XD