Pudding And Coffee

The meal ended within the hour and puddings had even been eaten. As the waiter cleared the now chocolate free plates, he asked, "Can I interest you in a coffee?" Robin and Ellie exchanged a look before laughing to themselves; they didn't want to offend the waiter at all.

"No thanks, we'll just have the bill please," Ellie said. The waiter nodded and vanished behind the kitchen door. The brunette fiddled around with her bag and pulled out her purse.

Robin shook her head frantically and got out her own purse. "There's no way I'm letting you pay for all of this," she said, putting her card on the table just before Ellie did.

"What about I pay two thirds then?"

"Not happening. Halves or you let me pay for it all."

Ellie sat back in her chair and sighed, a large smile still firm on her face. She held up her hands for a moment and put her purse down on the table. "Fair enough, we'll go halves," she said, watching as Robin relaxed back into her chair as well. "But," Ellie mumbled, reaching for her purse again. "I'm going to pay you for the time you worked in the shop today and you won't refuse it, ok?"

Robin's grin fell into a stunned stillness. "Why are you so nice?" She asked, eyes wide as she tried to find a fault with Ellie.

The brunette shrugged. "What's the point in being horrid to people? And anyway, why did you help me out in the shop?"

"Because it was the right thing to do, I suppose."

"That's why I try to be nice to everyone I meet and help in any way I can; it's the right thing to do."

The blonde laughed and put her head in her hands. "You are one of the strangest people I've ever met, Ellie. But you are also the kindest and most whole-hearted person as well."

The waiter returned with a small, black dish which contained a couple of mint sweets and the bill. "Anything else I can get for you ladies?" He asked.

"No thanks," Robin said, "but we'd like to pay half each if that's ok?"

The waiter nodded and organised the card reader so that exactly half could be paid. Both Ellie and Robin left a tip; he had been very attentive and kind to them.

"Thank you very much," he said as he passed the second receipt over to Ellie. "I hope you both have a lovely evening." They said good evening to him and left the restaurant, shivering dramatically as the cold wind hit their faces.

A/N: I apologise if there were any problems viewing the previous chapter; Wattpad seemed to disagree with uploading last Monday XD At least now it seems to be working. Hope you enjoy this chapter folks :3