Talking Time

The wine bottle went with a soft clank as Ellie put it back on the coffee table. A good few hours had passed since they'd sat down on the sofa and it was fair to say that Robin was incredibly easy to talk to, almost as easy as Mark had been. Ellie bit her lip as she remembered her last conversation with him. She hadn't seen him once since then. Although she felt bad about that, Mark could have come to the cafe to see her just as much as she could have gone to the shelter to see him.

She shook her head quickly. Robin looked blankly at the brunette, eyes wide with confusion. "Are you ok?" She asked, putting her drink down.

Ellie nodded, also putting down her drink. "I'm fine, I was just thinking."

"The thought looked painful if you ask me," Robin sniggered to herself and Ellie jokingly hit her arm.

"I've been meaning to talk to someone recently, but I just haven't got round to it. I suppose I feel a bit guilty is all."

Robin sat up eagerly and took one of Ellie's hands into her own. The brunette felt herself begin to blush at the feel of the blonde's hand.

"Do I know him? Or her? I'm guessing there's going to be a good story behind this. Go on, you have to tell me!"

Ellie snapped out of her daze and couldn't quite believe what Robin was saying. "I'm really not sure you'd want to know the whole thing actually. Plus its just a bunch of awkward moments if anything else. Not at all story material, unlike your Dad's adventures."

"Oh, that's nothing. My Dad is only a pilot." The blonde squeezed Ellie's hand, shifting up the sofa slightly. "I'm pretty sure he made up half of the stories he used to tell me anyway. He was a bit of a show-off, to be honest."

"Seriously, it's nothing. We need to discuss your contract anyway. I can't just hire you every now and then." Ellie reached down the side of the sofa and found a few pieces of paper, taking a pen from the coffee table. "What hours can you work?"

Robin didn't smile but she didn't look sad. At the same time, she didn't stop looking into Ellie's eyes. "I can work whenever you need me."

"How about um..." Ellie paused, pen poised just above the paper. "Every day?"

The blonde's hand found itself on Ellie's leg and a silence began to grow between them. It wasn't awkward as such, but there was a definite tension in the air that could have been cut with a knife.

"Every day sounds perfect to me."

A/N: This is shorter than planned but hey ho, at least you get a Monday update? Let me know what you think and I hope you enjoy :p