This Was Their Time.

"I can't believe this is our third Christmas together," Robin said, planting a kiss on the brunette's head. "It only feels like yesterday when I stumbled into the shop."

Ellie looked up at her wife and smirked, her cheeks starting to redden as moments from their time together flashed in her mind; meeting for the first time, hiring Robin, baking together, getting engaged outside the shop they both love so much, getting married with their closest family and friends. So much had happened in such a short amount of time, it was hard to believe she had been so lucky.

Since getting married, the coffee shop had won a couple of awards for service as well as multiple 'excellent' reviews online. Nearly every day there were queues of people out of the door, although none complained because they knew the coffee was worth waiting for. At least that's what Ellie had been told.

Robin opened her mouth to speak but Ellie held a finger to the blonde's lips. "Don't tell me," she said. "My ear was twitching?"

The blonde giggled, Ellie joining in, their arms still wrapped tightly around one another.

"I didn't realise you could read minds," Robin said, leaving a kiss on one of Ellie's rosy cheeks.

"I didn't realise I could still surprise you," the brunette mumbled. It was harder than she'd previously thought to make words audible when talking into a coat.

"Everything you do is a surprise and a gift." As soon as the words had left Robin's lips, she cringed. "Oh my gosh that was terrible."

Ellie shook her head and sighed. "Cheesy isn't always bad you know. Even if it doesn't make sense." She winked at the blonde and kissed her gently.

"I love you so much," the brunette said quietly, still very aware that there were people around them, even if they were all passed out.

"I love you too," Robin said, pulling Ellie closer, her hands around the brunette's waist. "And I will only ever love you more each and every day I get to spend with you. Which, I can never quite believe, means forever."

Ellie sighed sarcastically and rolled her eyes. "I give up now; you've beaten me again!" She laughed and fiddled with a few stray hairs which had fallen out of her ponytail.

"It's not a competition - it's just the truth." The blonde started to kiss the side of Ellie's neck, sending a shiver down the brunette's spine. "Now how about we go home, turn on the TV, and cuddle on the sofa like adorable people we are?"

Ellie burst out laughing again. "Ok it's one thing to call me adorable, but saying that about yourself?"

The blonde took a step back and held out her arms, looking down at herself. "Why else did you marry me then? Am I only super attractive? Am I only good with words? I'm pretty sure adorable is on the long list of amazing things about me."

"Oh shush you; there are still brownies to be baked for tomorrow."

Robin smirked and hugged Ellie once again. "Don't worry too much; the list of things I love about you is much longer than the list of wonderful things about me."

"Can we agree that we're both amazing people and leave it at that?" Ellie raised an eyebrow as the blonde seemed to think it over for a minute.

"Ok, that's fair enough," Robin said, smiling as she lead them out of the park, their hands locked together against the cold winter's air. "Beautiful." In a flash, the blonde pecked Ellie on her forehead and grinned.

Much to their surprise, the sleet started to turn to snow. Sure it wasn't going to settle; they weren't in Canada, but the snow was snow for however long it did or didn't last in the UK.

"This is starting to look like Bridget Jones, don't you think?" Ellie pulled her coat tighter around herself, her hands tucking in under her armpits to keep them warm.

"How so? I'm not sure I kept awake to the end of the film."

The brunette giggled as she remembered Robin's head falling on her shoulder in the last half hour of the film. She had looked so cute, she didn't try to wake her up. "We're standing on a street corner, in the snow, and all that's missing is a diary."

"I'm not sure what you mean but it's absolutely freezing out here now. Come on, let's go home."

Robin took one of Ellie's hands with her own and put them both into her coat pocket for warmth. Together, they walked down the street, the snow getting heavier until it started to get caught in their hair. The soft glow of the street lamps lit their way, the entire village seemingly silent compared to the party that was now far behind them. It was almost as if, just for a moment, the world belonged to them.

This was their time.