Double Dilemma

There was a knock on the door and Ellie jumped up from the sofa to answer it. "Hi, come on in," she said, letting in her little brother.

"Thanks; I was going out of my mind wondering what to do and the first thing I thought was 'Ellie will know what I should do', so that's what I rang you and-" Jason stopped his babbling as his eyes caught a glimpse of a person's shadow at the end of the corridor. "Is-" he stuttered. "Is someone else here?"

He took a couple of cautious steps forwards before the worry in his eyes soon turned into wonder. "Do you have someone staying over tonight?" He was attempting to whisper but the excitement meant the whisper was the same volume as a shout.

Ellie was unsure what to do – there hadn't been too much time to discuss approaches with Robin before Jason had arrived. Their only plan was that the blonde would keep to Ellie's bedroom in the hope that Jason's problem could be solved quickly.

"Come on sis, tell me the gossip!" Suddenly, Jason held a hand to his mouth. "Oh!" He shouted in the half-whisper. "Dad doesn't know, does he?"

With that comment, Ellie forgot any worries she had and burst out laughing. "You mean the same way Dad doesn't know about Kate?"

Her brother looked a little sheepish as he sat down on the sofa. "That's what I need to talk to you about. I've gone and made it worse."

"What do you mean?" The brunette sat down beside him, trying not to laugh at what would probably turn out to be another steak drama.

"Well last weekend," Jason explained, "I took Kate to another steakhouse and we shared the biggest steak they had. It was the most wonderful steak I've ever eaten if I'm being honest - the marbling on it was so juicy, I'm surprised it didn't cost-" He trailed off when he noticed Ellie's raised eyebrow.

"Back to the story," he muttered. "To cut the whole thing short, we had such a good night that I got caught up in the moment and told Kate how I felt." He gulped, staring off into the corner of the room like he was having a flashback.

Ellie put a hand on his knee and sighed. "What happened, Jason? Get to the point." She felt her ear begin to twitch as she strained to hear if Robin was moving. If Jason had seen her shadow then maybe the blonde was going to show herself?

"For some reason," Jason muttered. "For some reason, I got down on one knee and proposed to her. I proposed to Kate."

Ellie's hands jumped to her mouth in shock, her eyes wide. "No way! What did she say to that?"

"She said... yes."

"If she said yes then I don't see the problem?" Ellie hugged her brother anyway, trying to think of what the issue was if the rest of his life was going to be with the one he loved. Loved. Love. What about the one she loved? Ellie broke away suddenly, snapping her mind back to her brother 'in need'.

Jason sighed and put his head in his hands, tears starting to fall down his cheeks. "The problem, sis, is that I haven't even told Dad I'm dating anyone, let alone the fact she'd now going to become my wife!"

Just as Ellie opened her mouth to reply, a shiver ran down her spine as a hand made its way onto her shoulder. She watched as Jason's expression went from surprise, to wonder, to confusion. He attempted to form words but all that fell from his mouth was gibberish. The brunette decided that it was 'now or never' as she took Robin's hand from her shoulder into her own and kissed it gently.

"If it makes you feel any better," Robin said slowly, aware that Jason seemed a tiny bit frightened of her. Was it the height? Some guys felt threatened by her height although she wasn't sure why. "I'm a complete secret as well." She lent over Ellie's shoulder, holding a hand to the side of her face, and whispered, "But she hasn't popped the question yet."

Jason waved a finger from Robin's face to Ellie's, and back to Robin's. "So you two," he said quietly, his voice a genuine whisper this time. "You two are dating? Like with kissing and stuff?" Ellie rolled her eyes and bit her lip in an attempt to stop herself from laughing. Sometimes her brother was so adorable it physically hurt.

"Have you seen two women together before?" Robin asked, her voice wavering a little. Being gay was no biggie but a rare few seemed to forget that it was a thing outside of their own little 'straight' bubble.

Unable to hold back, Ellie let rip with a wave of raucous laughter. "He isn't saying about... Jason knows about these things," she took a few deep breaths, almost starting to laugh again at the puzzled looks on their faces. "Jason just hasn't ever seen me with someone. He knows I've been on a few dates, but I've never had a proper partner like you before."

Jason gulped and nodded frantically, almost as if he were in shock. "So um... How long have you uh..?"

"About four months I think," Robin said before Ellie had even opened her mouth. "Although, for some reason, it feels like we've known each other forever." The brunette looked up at her girlfriend and smiled, slightly embarrassed. As if the moment slipped into a single slither of time, Robin placed a hand on Ellie's cheek, taking in the innocently beautiful face sat beside her.

"Anyway," Jason said, coughing awkwardly, "How are we going to break the news to Dad?"

Ellie sighed but a smile slowly grew on her face. "Actually I think I have quite a good idea."

A/N: A double update? A double dilemma? Oooo interesting. Hope you enjoy this longer-than-usual chapter folks :3 Let me know what you think with a comment below XD