Flirting or Working?

There was a knock on the café door and the customers standing outside looked a mixture of annoyed and embarrassed. A group of mums who had just turned up begun to cheer as the girls finally separated, Ellie resting her head on Robin's shoulder. "Are you doing anything?"

The blonde laughed a little and shook her head, stroking a few strands of Ellie's hair. "Why are you asking?"

"I'd like to talk some more, that's all."

Robin raised an eyebrow as the tone of the brunette's voice. It wasn't something she'd heard before. "Whatever you say, boss." Robin paused as she watched Ellie unlock the cafe door, a stream of customers bundling into the space. As they assumed their positions behind the counter, Robin was surprised to hear Ellie whisper, "I haven't decided to hire you yet."

An easy chatter filled the room as the queue died down and the tables were full of coffee-drinking, cake-eating people. Unlike the first time they had worked together, Ellie was now aware just how well they got on. Sure, they still didn't know each other the way she knew Mark, but that wasn't needed. What she had with Robin was more of an understanding rather than known facts.

"What you looking at? Do I have coffee on my jeans?" Robin started to rub her trousers, patting down her shirt in case of coffee-spillage.

Ellie shook her head and laughed. "Not at all, I-"

"Just tell me," Robin muttered. The brunette's cheeks were verging on a neon pink. Robin took a step closer to the embarrassed brunette and whispered in her ear, "Were you checking me out?"

The brunette blushed and pretended to clean the coffee machine. Ellie held her breath, wondering what Robin would do. She wouldn't be able to make a scene with the café being full, but it probably wouldn't stop the blonde from saying something. Just as Ellie was reassuring herself that Robin had gone back to the till she felt the blonde's lips on her neck as Robin kissed her gently.

"What are you doing?" Ellie said, trying to be quiet but failing. A few customers looked over from their conversations, only to look back once they saw the level of intimacy.

"I couldn't help it," Robin said, grinning as she looked straight into Ellie's eyes. "You just looked too beautiful to do nothing."

A/N: I know this is short - work has been piled on so the most I can promise is an update once a week. Have any suggestions where you want Robin and Ellie to go from here? Leave a comment XD Thanks for all the support so far and I hope you enjoy folks :3 

P.S: If you fancy trying something else, I've just started another story called 'Copper Heart'. There's no harm in looking, right? XD