Coffee, Coffee, or Coffee?

The blonde sat down on a table opposite Mark's and started to sip at the cappuccino. She gave a nod to him, wrapping her hands around the mug and bringing her knees to her neck. Ellie wiped down the work surface, giving Robin a few minutes to drink the coffee. For some reason, she couldn't help but feel slightly nervous that Mark was sat so close to Robin. It was almost like seeing two different worlds come together. 

"What do you think so far?" She asked, walking over to Robin's table. Mark turned around in his chair and looked from Ellie to Robin, and back again.

"Well," Robin said, swirling the coffee round within the mug. "I think it tastes frothy. And a bit like a coffee-flavoured chocolate bar." She took another sip of the coffee and stared into the mug for a moment. "It's really weird, but I think this is my second favourite coffee."

Mark laughed, breaking the bubble of conversation being held. "What's your favourite coffee then? Latte? Mocha? Espresso?" He gulped down the last of his drink and grinned. "Ellie's is a salted caramel cappuccino, isn't it?"

Reluctantly, the brunette nodded. "Yep." She glanced down at Robin who had raised an eyebrow.

"My favourite is an Americano." Robin smiled at Mark. "I once had five in one day. It was the best day ever." She finished the coffee in one gulp and set the mug gently down on the table, not taking her eyes off of Mark. 

"Sounds like a caffeine overdose if you ask me," he said, standing up. Robin stood up as well, and to Mark's surprise, she matched his height. 

"I'd never felt so awake." Robin continued to smile, matching Mark's cheesy yet charming grin. His only comeback was a nod before he put his coat on, thanked Ellie, and left.

Ellie sat down along with the blonde. "What was all that about?" Ellie waved at a customer as they left but immediately returned to face Robin.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean why did you talk like that to Mark? You know he's a friend." 

Robin shrugged and tucked a loose hair behind her ear. "I suppose I just didn't like the way he spoke. As if he knew you perfectly."

Ellie's eyebrows grew closer together in confusion. "What's that supposed to mean exactly?"

"It's impossible to know someone completely," Robin's cheeks flushed red as she played with the hem of her knitted jumper. "I'm sorry if I was rude; I'll apologise if I see him again." 

Ellie sighed, on the verge of laughing at the situation. "No need; Mark isn't a sensitive soul. He'll get over the conversation quickly." She burst out laughing, Robin joining her.