Feta And Spinach

"How's your pizza?" Ellie asked, taking a bite of her own pepperoni feast calzone. Every table in the restaurant was full; bubbling conversation merged with the Italian music to create a relaxing atmosphere.

Robin picked up a slice of her feta and spinach pizza, observing it in minute detail. "Well," she said, taking a bite. "It tastes like feta and green stuff." She looked over the slice again, even peering underneath. "It's a good pizza, I guess."

Ellie laughed at Robin continued to eat the slice. "I'm glad you're enjoying it."

Silence fell, leaving the background noise to grow louder than before. A few minutes passed until Ellie finally gathered enough courage to ask, "So where do you work?"

Robin looked half-startled at the question.

"Forgive me for asking; I know it's none of my business really, but normally people work on Mondays. Except you spent the entire day in the coffee shop. Don't get me wrong, it was nice to have you around and I really needed the help, but I hope I wasn't keeping you from something?" Ellie started to fiddle with a strand of hair as she anxiously awaited an answer.

"It's ok," Robin mumbled, putting down a pizza slice she was about to eat. "I've been unemployed for a month or so. I used to work at the supermarket just out of the village, but with the new self-scanning machines, they had to let some staff go." She took a sip of her drink, staring at it for a moment before continuing. "I guess I was just one of the unlucky ones. So as for keeping me from something, you actually gave me something to do."

Ellie bit her lip, unable to think of what to say.

"I'm starting to see being unemployed in a new light now," Robin said, a grin starting to make its way onto her face.

"What do you mean by that?" Ellie asked, taking a bite of her calzone. She was beginning to feel more at ease now she knew Robin wasn't offended by her prying question.

"Think about it. If I hadn't of been given the sack, I wouldn't have taken a long walk in the pouring rain and so I wouldn't have come into the coffee shop. Therefore, I wouldn't be sat here now, eating this wonderful pizza and I certainly wouldn't have gotten to know you."

A/N: Hello XD Sorry this has taken a week longer than usual to upload, but I hope it was worth the wait. The talk of pizza is making me hungry though :3 Let me know what you think with a comment or even a little start and enjoy folks :)