Warming Coffee

"Ok then, I'm not going to argue with that," Robin said letting out a slightly nervous laugh. Ellie smiled and an awkward silence filled the room. The blonde went back to drinking her coffee, enjoying every sip. 

Suddenly, Ellie's phone started to ring. Taking it from her pocket, she rolled her eyes as 'dad' was displayed on the screen. She quickly put her phone back in her pocket and with some force.

"Not going to take that?" Robin said, taking another sip of the warming coffee. "It must be important if someone's calling you at ten o'clock?" Again, she took a sip of coffee, letting the steam caress her face.

Ellie shrugged her shoulders and fiddled with the bottom of her red checked shirt. "It's a conversation I could live without, to be honest." She looked up at Robin who had a comforting smile pinned from cheek to cheek.

"I've been there myself, don't worry. No need to explain," Robin mumbled, taking a large glug of coffee. "I'm useless with touch screen phones though. I had one early last year and I kept ringing people from my back pocket." She laughed at the memory and Ellie felt a smile return.

"You made a butt call?"

"If that's what it's called, then I suppose so."

"It's not the best name for something, I'll give you that."