Chapter Nineteen

^ Bria, and there's a video you can watch tooo ^

_________________________________

H o l l o w s I n
T I M E
_________________________________

My first lesson in five months. Biology. Great. Jameson stood at the back. Like he always would.

The lesson began and I sat in a row with Avery and some nobody's. Avery and I were on opposite ends.

Something landed on my desk. A scrunched up piece of paper. Classy. I swivelled around in my chair. Nick Gordon, next to Toby Espan, was snorting. So I threw it at him. And bullseye. I hit him straight in his eyeball.

"What's going on at the back?" The teacher hollered from the front of the class and I turned back around. The teacher strode past me and crossed her arms in front of Toby and Nick—the latter was currently clutching his eye whilst holding the scrunched up piece of paper.

"Passing notes, are we?" The teacher asked them and I turned my whole body around again to see her pluck the ball of paper out of Nick's hand.

"'Do you want to hang out later?'" She read aloud to the class and most of us snickered. "'Wink face'." She finished, quirking an eyebrow up at the two boys. I cackled behind her, earning a sharp glare from Toby, who was flushing profusely. I smiled sweetly at him, wiggling my fingers in a small wave. And that's all it took for me to realise. The whole atmosphere of the classroom resembled that of the daydream that was my old life. I broke out of it and turned away.

Soon, first class ended. As I was heading to second lesson, someone stepped in front of me. Toby.

"Hey, you." He began, seemingly out of breath. Jameson lingered by my side.

"Bye, you." I replied, trying to get past him.

"Look, I'm sorry about the note thing." He apologised. I tried to move past him but he grabbed my shoulders. Jameson edged closer to us.

"Do you want to skip class? Let's skip class." Toby proposed and I frowned.

"No." Jameson inputted. "She isn't skipping class." He wrapped his fingers around my upper arm. Seeing me flinch, Toby yanked my arm out of Jameson's cold grasp.

Then the two began sizing each other up. Great, all I needed on my return was two boys to fight over me. Again.

I joined Toby's side. "I want to talk to him." I told Jameson, who's eyes went from firing shots at Toby to flashing hurt at me.

Why did he wear his emotions like an outfit these days? If he had done this last year, we would've made more progress. Would anything have changed? No. The attacks would all be the same. Eden was behind them all. And Eden was jealous of our relationship. Maybe our relationship was an abomination. How had I been too stupid not to see that?

Now that I look at it, if I hadn't dragged Jameson's sorry arse to hospital after the explosion in the courtroom, he would be dead. Meaning, he wouldn't have shot Carter. Meaning, my best friend would still be alive.

I refocused onto the present to see Jameson still staring at me.

"Bye, Jameson." I bid him farewell before shifting away from him, moving towards the door.

"Sky–" Jameson tried to block me, but I beat him to the door, grabbing Toby's wrist and pulling him towards me.

"Sky, stop." His tone was deadly. No one else but me knows that his actions are even more deadly.