Chapter Eighty-Four

^ a happy seven month anniversary from Sky! ^

________________________________

H o l l o w s I n
T I M E
________________________________

I heard nothing else, not even when Jameson stood inches away from me. Some sort of Guardian authorities soon arrived and took Mel away. She'd probably be let off the hook; I knew more than anyone that villains always seemed to get away. Lexi threw her a short wave with a 'I love ruining lives' grin to bid her farewell, though, so maybe she was more optimistic.

But I no longer cared. I swivelled around and stalked off.

The pair gave me space as we walked back, but I'm sure that Jameson's restraint came from Lexi.

I couldn't help but imagine Jameson and Mel doing whatever they were doing all summer whilst I was trapped in a cage. But then Cassie's words came back to me, and I would try to let the memories go.

I had to wait for Lexi and Jameson at the door, since Alexi had actually stolen my spare keys for herself. I leaned against the door, reading a recent message from Cassie.

'Tell him, or I'll call you Skyie for the rest of your life'

It read. I shook my head and stifled a laugh.

'I will'

I sent back, with no certainty if I was ever going to tell him.

Jameson and Lexi arrived promptly and unlocked the door. Jameson offered for me and Alexi to enter first.

"We should talk about this." Lexi said as I walked in, but when Lexi tried to follow, I stopped her.

"Yes, we should." I replied as I stood in the doorway.

Lexi frowned. "Ideally, we should do this in private." She suggested, a frown on her face as she peered around her from where she stood at the room opening.

"Alexi, for once, you're actually not involved in this problem, so perhaps we should do that 'talk' without you." I told her. She frowned, faltering slightly as she let Jameson brush past her.

When it was obvious that I wouldn't give in, she sighed and stepped back. "Fine," she said, "but remember, if there's an emergency, call me and not the police, I may own handcuffs but at least it's not a prison cell." She advised as she retreated.

"Do I even want to know why you own handcuffs?" I called to her as she got farther and farther away. Her laugh, that sounded more like a cackle, echoed down the hallway as she walked.

"There's a reason I don't tell you about my extra curricular activities!" She yelled back. I scrunched my face up in disgust as I tried to keep all theories out of my head. I shook my head and closed the door. With a sigh, I turned to face Jameson.

"Your room or mine?" I asked, breaking the silence. Jameson answered by picking up the spare chair in the corner and placing it beside my bed. I took a seat on my bed whilst Jameson took his on the chair.

We sat in silence for a while; I think that neither of us wanted to be the one to start this conversation.

And then I did. "Tell me what happened."