Chapter Fifty

________________________________

H o l l o w s   I n
T    I    M    E
________________________________

28/03/17
"Hey," she called and I turned around. She was talking to me. "you're being picked up again, right?" She asked. I nodded.

"Good. It's getting darker now that it's coming up to winter. And we all know what happens when it gets dark." My eyes shot up to watch her just as she flashed me an odd looking smile.

Suddenly, I was on edge. I did know what happened in the dark. Because I've experienced it at the Academy. And I didn't want to experience it. Ever again.

29/03/17:

The car jerked to a stop. I flew forward. Then someone grabbed my arm, and pressed a cloth against my mouth.

The world drifted away.

But not before I realised that the Guardian I had met wasn't an official Guardian.

They were playing for the other team.
An attacker.
And I had fallen into the trap.

My love for Jameson had gotten me trapped.

18/05/17
Three months and twelve days ago

I burst through the doors, hearing them smash against the concrete walls as my feet hammered into the ground. I sprinted so fast, fearing that my crimes would catch up to me. I used to run away from the monsters, but now I am the monster.

So I ran for my life.

I had never ran so fast in my life. I felt the flash of freedom course through my veins. But I also felt the wringing guilt of my actions today. My escape had not only cost me, but it had cost others.

I dashed into the forest, where the trees would hide me from my own self—but also from the people who I needed to escape. I trudged over mud holes and mounds of stones, my pounding feet snapping twigs into two. Just like I had done with those people.

I shook away the thoughts and focused only on running. But it wasn't long before the memories creeped back into my mind. I gulped. My hands started to shake. I couldn't do it. I couldn't do it. Tears streamed down my face and I collapsed. What have I done?

I couldn't breathe after a while, so I frantically wiped the tears away and kept going. There has to be an exit here somewhere.

When I thought I saw a clearing, thinking that I was safe, I pulled out my phone. Time was leaving me. It would be dark soon. My battery was also leaving me. I shook my head, and with my phone in hand, I continued to dash through what was left of the forest.

I didn't know what was ahead of me. I hoped it would be civilisation. I didn't care if it was a football stadium or a motorway, I just need someone to rescue me. Unlike what the Guardians could obviously do. Unlike what Jameson could do. Did he really love me?

Who cares, Sky? He obviously doesn't care about you, so stop caring about him.

So I continued to run, trying to map out the rest of my escape plan.