Chapter Forty-Seven

^ oh Bria 😍 ^

________________________________

H o l l o w s   I n
T    I    M    E
________________________________

We reached the Guardian commons in no time, Jameson keen on not being late to meet my therapist, and me being keen on not crumbling from hunger.

When we got to the double doors I hesitated, but Jameson beckoned me in.
So I followed.

Jameson didn't wait for me to tell him what I wanted for breakfast; he walked right on up to the register and started ordering as soon as we walked in. I was in awe to say the least.

As the woman at the till registered the order, he turned around and flashed me a grin. I found myself smiling back.

Then someone bumped into me.

"Oh, sorry, man." It was a boy, and when he turned to face me, he frowned.

"I know, right?" I grinned at his expression, holding my hands out to gesture to myself, "not a man." I joked. The boy laughed in response, flashing dimples that dizzied me. He had a mousy brown head of hair, of which looked freshly trimmed, and grey eyes that were much more entrancing than you'd expect—they were like silver.

I stared at him.
He stared at me.
We just stared.

"Not a funny joke, huh?" I put in awkwardly. The boy laughed and shoved his hands into his pockets.

"I don't know, I think we all get a bit triggered when someone assumes our gender." He joked. I burst out laughing.

"You've been on Tumblr." I threw at him, sounding almost insulting.

He laughed. "Hey! Maybe not, although, I went on there today for outfit inspo," he leaned in close, cupping his mouth, "but don't tell anyone." I chuckled and saluted him.

Maybe it was only possible to act normal with someone I had never talked to before. Because they don't know what I was like before, so they aren't constantly comparing me to an image of a girl that once was. It's just all in the present. And I enjoyed that.

Until someone came jogging over.

"Hey, Owen," my smile faltered slightly, but I couldn't remember why. "Who's your new friend?" He asked, slinging an arm around the boys neck. I frowned as 'Owen' threw the arm off him and laughed. When they were done, I fixed my expression and smiled.

"Did you just assume our relationship status?" 'Owen' asked, faking offence. I stifled a laugh. The boy slapped him round the head, then left.

"He seems nice." I commented as we watched him retreat. Owen burst out laughing.

"So, you're Owen." I acknowledged.

He nodded. "I am. And you are..?" I ignored his question.

"You don't happen to be an Owen Everon, do you?" I asked, seeming to leave the pleasantries behind.

He frowned, "I am an Owen Everon, why? Have you been stalking me?" He asked. I stared for a few moments.

He is Owen Everon.
Does he know who I am?
Does he know that he was told my biggest secret?

I noticed that he was waiting for a response, so I laughed. "Yeah, found your account on Tumblr." I joked. Owen joined in, and opened his mouth to say something when someone else interrupted.