Chapter Eighty

________________________________

H o l l o w s I n
T I M E
________________________________

I woke up with a start. March the twenty-ninth.

I knew the date.
That's the date I was abducted.

And Alexi knew it too. Before I was abducted. Six months before I was abducted.

I slipped out of my bed, getting a cold chill as the morning air froze my already cold sweat. I shivered, moving over to my radiator to turn it on. I slid down to the floor, my back against the radiator as I waited for my room to heat. I stared at up at my clock above the door, and just about made the time out as five past seven in the morning. It's no wonder that is was so dark.

I pondered on what had happened in my dream. It was real; it had happened. Last year, at home. I couldn't believe it. Of all the evidence I could have matched up, this was the strangest.

But why did it only come back to me now? Would it change things knowing that Alexi knew about my abduction before it even happened?

I sighed as I finally realised that my room was warmer than earlier. I clutched onto the radiator, pulling myself off the ground to grab some clothes from my cupboard.

I pulled out a black cropped jumper and some very basic jeans, but I'd have to wear a coat out today to help me brave the steadily dropping temperatures.

As I got ready in the bathroom, I heard the door between the two rooms squeak as it opened. Jameson must be checking on me. I heard footsteps approach as I straightened my last section of hair, and then fade as I put the straighteners down and unplugged them after.

I did a once over in the mirror before opening the door and departing the bathroom. I stopped at my vanity to spritz myself with some old bottle of perfume and pick out some jewellery.

I turned as I felt someone watching me, and, wouldn't you know, Jameson was standing by his door sniffing.

I laughed, "Like it?" I asked, referring to the perfume I had put on.

He hummed. "I recognise it." He said as he approached me.

I nodded, a smile on my face, "I wore it to the Ball last year." I told him, watching a look of recognition cross over his face.

"That makes sense," he said, "though maybe I would've realised that as soon as I walked in if you were wearing the dress." He said.

I thought he was joking, so I laughed and played along. "I'm not too sure it'd fit me, though." I replied.

Jameson pulled a face. "Of course it would." He told me adamantly, brushing past me and walking in the direction of my wardrobe. He paused when he saw the two new garment bags in there, but he could not see what was inside. Instead, he found last year's blue Ball gown and presented it to me with one swift bow.

I laughed at him as he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Oh," I suddenly realised that he was being serious. "Oh, no. We don't have enough time." My feeble excuse brought a frown to Jameson's face.

"Yes, we do." He said as he checked his watch.

The problem is, I did want to try it on. But I was scared. I was scared of what would happen if I did.

"Maybe later." I told him.

He laughed. "Okay, okay, I can take a hint." He said, closing the wardrobe doors but hanging the dress up on one of the door handles. I raised an eyebrow at him and he smiled.