Chapter Sixty-Four

^ Sky's outfittaaa ^

"We know the truth. We just need to ask ourselves the right questions to coax it out of it's hiding place."
—me but inspired by Plato #fave
________________________________

H o l l o w s I n
T I M E
________________________________

We stormed into my dorm room, catching Jameson off-guard, who had been in my room—half buried in my cupboard. I frowned at him and he retreated from my wardrobe, closed the doors slowly, and peered at Lexi and I.

"What did I miss?" He asked with clear confusion, sizing up Alexi.

"I've had a revelation." I announced, slipping off my shoes. "But I have to shower."

"Sky." Lexi groaned. I didn't reply, but I did smile—even though she couldn't see my face. Jameson watched me with a humoured expression. Until I tried to get to my wardrobe. He blocked me.

"Jameson, what are you doing? I need to change." I tried again to get around him, but he cut me off like it was an instinctive nature.

"You shower and I'll get the clothes." He instructed. I frowned but backed off, confused nonetheless.

I did as he said, and when I was cleansed, he greeted me with a pile of clothes—I was in my towel, of course. Jameson stared at me—face fresh and free of makeup, hair dripping and nothing but a towel to cover my bare skin. I didn't think about what it meant, though, I just closed the door and pulled the clothes—of his choice—on.

He'd done a good job; it was exactly what I needed—a comfortable pair of black leggings and an oversized cream jumper. We'd still need to turn up the radiators though.

I combed out my damp hair and decided to leave it to air dry as I didn't care too much about appearances.

I walked out of the bathroom to see Jameson and Alexi as far apart as they could manage. I almost laughed. Jameson was stood by my window seat, gazing out of it, and was closer to me, whereas Lexi stood beside my bookshelf, holding the present that I had received from the girls for my sixteenth birthday. It was an A4, horizontally formed, book full to brim with pictures and memories of our friendship from the very first day that I got here. I hadn't seen that in a long time.

Both of their heads shot up as I walked out, but Jameson got to me sooner, an eyebrow raised and his arms crossed over his chest.

"The revelation?" Jameson asked, trying to control his annoyance that he had to wait so long. Even if he didn't show it, I knew he'd be slightly irritated; he hated being out of the loop, he felt helpless, and he despised being helpless—especially where it concerned me.

I guided Lexi and Jameson into Jameson's room, silently hoping that he wouldn't mind, but I needed his resources—such as the map, his documents, etcetera.

I pulled out Jameson's desk chair and sat on it. Jameson followed me and leant against the desk that was to my right. He was very near me. Whereas Alexi couldn't be more far away, as she stood still by the door, as if someone would disturb us.

I gestured for her to close the door and she did so willingly.

"Okay, I have had two very important revelations." I announced to them. Both looked at me with an expression of wariness mixed with a slight curiosity.

"Don't worry, this'll be worth hearing." I assured them, and watched as Jameson nodded, gesturing for me to continue.

"So I was talking to Jace–"